Milling head

JamesB88

I tried to search first but couldn't find anything. My banshee is pretty much stock, t-5s, k&n, tors elemenated. I'm going to rebuild the topend. Does anyone know how much can be milled of the stock head and still be pump gas freindly, if any? Thanks James.

Thanks for the info guys. I'll probly go .20 just to be on save side. Will there be much gains in milling it?

It will be a nice bump for the money for sure.

I'd pull the timing plate off while you're at it and elongate the holes so you can rotate it and advance the timing.

That along with th shaved head will be a real nice bump in power from bottom to top.

I wish I could get the flywheel off to do that. I have a puller but it won't budge. I've even tried my impact on the puller with no luck.

Try putting your puller on the flywheel, put a good bind on it, then take two 2lb hammers with a flat face, put one hammer on one side with the face touching the flywheel, then hit the flywheel with the other. Mine popped right off. I actually stripped out two pullers before I tried this. Good luck!

Try putting your puller on the flywheel, put a good bind on it, then take two 2lb hammers with a flat face, put one hammer on one side with the face touching the flywheel, then hit the flywheel with the other. Mine popped right off. I actually stripped out two pullers before I tried this. Good luck!

exactly what I did

I read the post that I quoted wrong. :shootself:

Actually, I just hit the end of the puller with the hammer and the flywheel poped off.

I dont think hitting the flywheel with a hammer is a good idea. You could mess up the magnet in the flywheel.

Got a topend gasket set, Need to run by machine shop and see if they can mill head real quick for me. Haven't trying the timming plate yet, Any idea what way I need to notch out the holes?

drill the holes out to 10mm then turn the timing plate to the right then tighten the bolts put some lock tight on the threats :headbang: