421 k&t cub needle help and jetting

Miller421

Hi Im new here and live in Alberta Canada I just built my first shee and its a 421cub K&T ported 19domes 38pwks v force Shearers inframe pods, Straight Cut Lockup, All Cooling Mods and chopped gutted frame and harness. I am just getting jetting dialed in for straight C12 and am at 3000ft I currently have 42pilot 2 turns out, DEK at 4th clip down from top and 162 I have CEL needle and am just wondering what jetting others have or needle recomendations any help much appreciated thanx again

Carlton Miller

Drag port or clean-up.An almost identical set-up for the 1/4 was 55pilot 185 main 39pwks with .I jetted a passion cub last night w/35mm pwks and all the same mods as you.cel needle 4th clip,160main,48,pilot.I would start at 185 main and work down,52 pilot.Im at sea level so you will need to be leaner than me but a size or two not much.Just remember every motor is diffrent I have also jetted cubs that came in at 152 mains.With your set-up start high ,its safe

Thanx sleeper I hoped you and a couple others particular would chime in. I have read hours of your posts and highly respect your opinion. I talked with Randy and he said he gave me a port, matched domes and intakes all setup up and took extra time to give me all he could im not sure if its a full drag or what but it seems like it moved delivery up noticably. My plugs are dark brown tops, electrode and ground strap. I have read lots of threads on plug chop and also that cubs love fuel what is your own take on this and what should a person look for i am gonna use this for hill shoot and slight duner, Wanted a midrange duner but havent quit turning it into a drag monster yet. And im also lookin at switchin to alky next summer any thoughts would be appreciated.

Carlton Miller

I would stick with the 8 series plugs,+7 on the timing plate.Its prob a clean up in which case you might end up in the mid 170s with the main.The only thing im not 100% is the 38mm pwks I have never seen a set come throuh here but im pretty sure they jet similar.They love timing .