18mm DM drag setup

locogato11283

dco, you see my motor support? i have 3 of them for sale. they work and look awesome.

Yea just seen it, kinda hard to spot through all the crap on this thread. They're sweet, that's what I call engineering. Built them yourself? And how much shipped to LA?

Yea just seen it, kinda hard to spot through all the crap on this thread. They're sweet, that's what I call engineering. Built them yourself? And how much shipped to LA?

I designed it and tested it. JDS Customs did the final piece. CNCed from billet aluminum. $65 shipped and that includes hardware.

loco a 14 over arm is about as SHORT as i would go. you dont wnat to have to fight the frame to ride it. i know its fun to ride a bucking bronco but the literal acceleration of the bike will be enough to tire you out after a few back to back runs.

LS sand is crazy if it rains you will have to sit on the tank to run 10 haulers, if its windy and the sand is like flour you will need 16 rippers and can sit on the grab bar and it will spin the entire run and those changes can happen over night. you can cut ruts and launch in them 3-5 times in a row and the bike will act different every time. i agree that the DM that big will want to jump out of the frame and frame support is important. 14 staggrd ext or ripp in 74-78 will be nice. worst case with your 14s is you might need to lean back a lil bit more. a motor that big and you can just blow them off in the first 2 gears 1-2nd? and then hold on when it finally grabs.. frame set up will be important also. and you seem to know how to use your weight to get traction. its MUCH easier to move back to promote traction that have to stand on the bumper to keep the front down.

i didnt read all the bickering and bullshit i just tried to answer your q the best i could as i'm from the area.

So how about we delete all of the bullshit that was added to Tyler's thread so he doesnt have to sift through it to find some answers yankyank.gif

Im a little dissapointed in a few of my fellow HQ members that they would post so much crap in a topic looking for answers. Come on guys, you are all better than that!!!

I measured my tires and they are 14 paddle Haulers with a 72" rollout. I hate to buy new tires because I don't hit the sand that often. I think I'll just run them and the +14 and gear it accordingly. I only have a 2-4 duneable so getting into 5th will be tough. Hopefully I can gear it high enough that it won't just blow the tires off in 2nd.

I hope you have a billet second gear...or it's gonna be a short trip.

Those motors don't pull the RPM your cub did, you're really going to want a 1-5 with a billet 2nd.

Of course I have a billet second gear. I hardly ever hit the dunes so the tranny thing doesn't really matter to me. I've had such good luck with the 2-4 that I want to keep running it.

man now im really pissed i wont make it to the fall hq ride. i want to see this bitch run! i live 30min south of LS now and want to meet some locals to ride with.

Why won't you make it?

Of course I have a billet second gear. I hardly ever hit the dunes so the tranny thing doesn't really matter to me. I've had such good luck with the 2-4 that I want to keep running it.

I will be bringing a few sets of tires Tyler...........I am sure we can come up with something that will work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why won't you make it?

I will be in nebraska/kansas for work october and november.