koltz r 50

9banshee6

What is the difference between r50 and supertechniplate

/ :confused:

I run it at 40:1. The Supertechniplate has about 10% Benol added to the R50 formula. Benol is awesome oil if you run your bike hard or use alcohol, but I ran regular Benol before I started using R50 abd I was having problems with carbon buildup in the wife's bike. I switched to R50 about 15 years ago and have had zero problems since- no carbon buildup, no cranks going bad and my current topend has 7 years and has only lost 10 psi on the compression gauge.

Supertechniplate is 20% castor oil. It's one of the 4 main oils you'll see the alky crowd run (Super techniplate, Benoil, Maxima 927 and Redline)

SuperT stays mixed in Methanol longer.

For gas motors, I like R50 myself. Just don't ever mix it with methanol....learned the hard way on that one by mistake using it as my purge oil for gas premix...LOL.

Run it at whatever you want. I prefer 32:1 for pump gas motors and 40:1 for race fuel motors.

• 1 month later...

I run it at 40:1. The Supertechniplate has about 10% Benol added to the R50 formula. Benol is awesome oil if you run your bike hard or use alcohol, but I ran regular Benol before I started using R50 abd I was having problems with carbon buildup in the wife's bike. I switched to R50 about 15 years ago and have had zero problems since- no carbon buildup, no cranks going bad and my current topend has 7 years and has only lost 10 psi on the compression gauge.

Supertechniplate is 20% Klotz Benol added to Klotz Techniplate oil, not R50

Original Techniplate oil. Synthetic 2 stroke oil that blends with methanol. R50 doesnt blend with methanol so it cant be 80% of supertechniplate

http://www.klotzlube.com/proddetail.asp?prod=KL%2D200%5FQuart&cat=8

• 1 month later...