new to banshees please help me out

Hi to all. I am new to this forum and also new to banshees. I recentely traded my raptor 660 for a banshee, but my new banshee idles really high in neutral and then when I put it in gear and let out the clutch slowly it gets quieter like it should be. Then after I ride it and it's warmed up and I stop to put it in neutral it idles quiet and fine for about 5 seconds then idles high like I'm giving it gas. Is this normal? Does it have an idle screw somewhere to adjust the idle? The banshee has procircuit pipes, dual k&n air filters with no airbox and the guy said it was jetted too. I would really appreciate anyones help.

Thanks

there should be an air screw on each carb. that should fix your problem. turn them all the way in and the bike will die. turn them all the way out it will flood. so to start turn them BOTH all the way in and then turn them 1 1/4 way out to start. then make your adjustments from there. not too bad or hard to fix

congrats on the shee good luck

Hi to all. I am new to this forum and also new to banshees. I recentely traded my raptor 660 for a banshee, but my new banshee idles really high in neutral and then when I put it in gear and let out the clutch slowly it gets quieter like it should be. Then after I ride it and it's warmed up and I stop to put it in neutral it idles quiet and fine for about 5 seconds then idles high like I'm giving it gas. Is this normal? Does it have an idle screw somewhere to adjust the idle? The banshee has procircuit pipes, dual k&n air filters with no airbox and the guy said it was jetted too. I would really appreciate anyones help.

Thanks

First of all welcome to the site, second of all sellling the craptor was the best choice youll ever make.

No this is not normal. If the tors was removed from your bike (those are the boxy looking items above your carbs) which most used bikes are removed, then the carbs should have had a tors eliminator kit installed, which would include an idle screw on the body of each carburetor. If it wasnt installed then it needs one in order to help the idle settle down. Also look into the adjustment on the thumb throttle, to make sure its correct. If you want to get adventurous and feel confident enough ( you might as well get used to it) take the carbs off the bike and disassemble them, and give them a rthorough cleaning, this too could help remove any foreign matter that could be keeping your needle from seating correctly in the carb chamber.

Although every bike is different, this is a good place to start. Also, if the bike didnt come with the Clymer or Haynes manual, do yourself a favour and buy one it will become your best friend and answer a tonne of questions.

First of all welcome to the site, second of all sellling the craptor was the best choice youll ever make.

No this is not normal. If the tors was removed from your bike (those are the boxy looking items above your carbs) which most used bikes are removed, then the carbs should have had a tors eliminator kit installed, which would include an idle screw on the body of each carburetor. If it wasnt installed then it needs one in order to help the idle settle down. Also look into the adjustment on the thumb throttle, to make sure its correct. If you want to get adventurous and feel confident enough ( you might as well get used to it) take the carbs off the bike and disassemble them, and give them a rthorough cleaning, this too could help remove any foreign matter that could be keeping your needle from seating correctly in the carb chamber.

Although every bike is different, this is a good place to start. Also, if the bike didnt come with the Clymer or Haynes manual, do yourself a favour and buy one it will become your best friend and answer a tonne of questions.

I was wondering what those square things above the carbs were I wasn't familiar with them on banshee because I use to have another banshee a while back and it didn't have those square things above the carbs, I didn't get too familiar with banshees though as my first banshee got stolen 3 weeks after I bought it... But my current banshee does have those "tors" is that good or bad? So since it still has these "tors" does that mean it does have the screws on the carbs to adjust the idle?

Thanks

The TORS (throttle over-ride system) is usually ripped off the shee's....they seem to always go bad and leave your shee restricted in teh rpm and running like ass. While the TORS is still on your carbs you will not have the idle screws on the carbs.....the idle screws come stock on the top of the TORS units. If you pull your seat you should see a knob the size of a dime on the top of the TORS....thiey are how you change your idle while you still have the tors on.