2 stroke street bikes

Hello HQ.

Ive been thinking of something.

Im toying with the idea of wanting a streetbike so I can go riding with a couple friends. I dont want to buy into one of the new 4t bikes really, but i would like something with updated suspension and something more current than buying an older smoker ( but thats definetely an option also)

I know there was a person here i believe at one time that took a newer steetbike chassis and reworked it to accept the RZ/banshee motor. I would think a 600cc chassis would be ideal. I think this motor would be a perfect 2 stroke platform due to the power potential compared to say a 500cc single cylinder.

I just want to discuss and hear some thoughts on the subject, I am not able to fabricate custom parts but i do have people that could.

Would i be able to get a bike like this legalized/past emmissions?

Thanks guys, I think this would be a really sick project, let me know your thoughts and opinions.

Mike

Edited by Mjv420

Would i be able to get a bike like this legalized/past emmissions?

Not likely.

You can probably buy a bike that will be faster and more reliable for less money than it would cost to retrofit a chassis.

Edited by Snopczynski

When I was in at the local pipe builder a couple years ago he had one there that he was making pipes for. I believe it was an R6 chassis with an RZ350 engine... it looked pretty cool, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it since. I have thought of doing the same... maybe with a Cheetah or some thing. I would think for the street you would want power valves to smooth it out.. although the old RD350 didn't have any...

When I was in at the local pipe builder a couple years ago he had one there that he was making pipes for. I believe it was an R6 chassis with an RZ350 engine... it looked pretty cool, but I haven't seen or heard anything about it since. I have thought of doing the same... maybe with a Cheetah or some thing. I would think for the street you would want power valves to smooth it out.. although the old RD350 didn't have any...

I have a bottom end that i have yet to part with from a banshee.

I would image id definetely want the RZ trans instead though, for the motor i think a stroked cheetah would be appropriate.

:dance: Here is my street bike and I love it! :headbang:

Only mod´s are 18 1" holes in a stock air box lid, and my stock Banshee carb´s. Also I have to re-fab the silencer tubes.

15/41 gearing.

IMG_1918.jpg

It´s a 1983 Yamaha RD350 LCII (31K) YPVS

Thanks for posting, thats exactly what i had in mind :thumbsup:

:dance: Here is my street bike and I love it! :headbang:

Only mod´s are 18 1" holes in a stock air box lid, and my stock Banshee carb´s. Also I have to re-fab the silencer tubes.

15/41 gearing.

IMG_1918.jpg

It´s a 1983 Yamaha RD350 LCII (31K) YPVS

Nice RD Pasi,