Tether Kill Switch

DAL

The tors system has a rev limiter built into it that is how it limits the motor when the tors is activated. This is why simply unhooking the tors control box will fix a limited motor from a faulty tors which is very common. The only way to 100% guarantee a grounded out motor is to ground the coil directly. In case of a CDI failure the motor could possibly not shut down with simply grounding out the wire threw the cdi. That is why we always ground out the coil to guarantee a good kill. I know what the instructions say that come with the kill switches but we have installed hundreds of tethers this way and not one cdi failure.

The TORS system does not limit RPM, when it is activated it shuts down the ignition system completely. If you have a CDI box failure the bike is not going to run anyway so there is no need to shut it down.

that isn't a rev limiter, rev limiters dont come with a on/off switch, it is either there or not. that is more a fail safe mode. just like TORS is a fail safe device.

a rev limiter is when the engine hits a certain RPM, the computer will cut either fuel, ignition or both.

It is a rev limiter because it cuts out spark when the PB is set and the bike will only rev to about 1/4 or 1/3 of its maximum RPM. It does not shut off the spark completely like the TORS system does, it limits RPM. It is called a Park Brake Rev LImiter in the factory Yamaha service manual.

Edited by bansheesandrider
  • Like 1

The tors system has a rev limiter built into it that is how it limits the motor when the tors is activated. This is why simply unhooking the tors control box will fix a limited motor from a faulty tors which is very common. The only way to 100% guarantee a grounded out motor is to ground the coil directly. In case of a CDI failure the motor could possibly not shut down with simply grounding out the wire threw the cdi. That is why we always ground out the coil to guarantee a good kill. I know what the instructions say that come with the kill switches but we have installed hundreds of tethers this way and not one cdi failure.

the instructions that came with my prodesign is exactly how you guys, and my self wire tethers

I deleted my key switch because it was pointless. While i was doing that i installed my pro design tether kill switch. Very simple as i just fallowed the instructions.

I also took the on/off/light switch and shoved it behind the radiator to clean up the bars.

http://s240.photobucket.com/albums/ff111/raguncajun/?action=view&current=banshee25-18-09.jpg