ims

anyone running the 4.3 or 5.5 ims tank ? how much higher does it sit up,compared to stock? whats the stock tank(gallons) i run out of gas fast,i know its normal but i need some experienced help and pics of the ims tanks !!! thanks

i think stock is 3.5

3.2, no big deal.

The IMS are 4.0 and 5.6.

The Clark 5.6 tanks are nicer IMO.

3.2, no big deal.

The IMS are 4.0 and 5.6.

The Clark 5.6 tanks are nicer IMO.

I agree, the Clark is nicer. I don't think it sits any higher than stock, I believe it is wider. With the Clark tanh you won't use your tank covers and you have to cut off the part of the front plastic that goes by the tank and then the oversize tank sticks out to fill the space. The IMS is the same way.

I agree, the Clark is nicer. I don't think it sits any higher than stock, I believe it is wider. With the Clark tanh you won't use your tank covers and you have to cut off the part of the front plastic that goes by the tank and then the oversize tank sticks out to fill the space. The IMS is the same way.

I have a dune tank I dont know what one..I will get some pics up for you...i just painted it black.......I does not have the cuts in the side like the stock cover does its just all flat........It sits a little higher and is slightly wider IMO....I'll get some pics for u

I have a dune tank I dont know what one..I will get some pics up for you...i just painted it black.......I does not have the cuts in the side like the stock cover does its just all flat........It sits a little higher and is slightly wider IMO....I'll get some pics for u

i hope you dont plan on that paint staying on there for long, cause it wont. the tank actually breathes through the plastic and your paint will come right off. ever put a sticker on a aftermarket tank? if so then ya know what i mean, if not you will find out shortly,lol

i hope you dont plan on that paint staying on there for long, cause it wont. the tank actually breathes through the plastic and your paint will come right off. ever put a sticker on a aftermarket tank? if so then ya know what i mean, if not you will find out shortly,lol

He's right...I had my IMS tank professionally painted on my other Banshee some years ago, and it did not last very long before peeling off. It was disappointing, and a real waste of money. :flush: Sure thought it as a good idea at the time though! :shootself:

He's right...I had my IMS tank professionally painted on my other Banshee some years ago, and it did not last very long before peeling off. It was disappointing, and a real waste of money. :flush: Sure thought it as a good idea at the time though! :shootself:

oh well....I guess ill find out i did it already.....do they all breathe through the tank?? I dont know what brand it is

oh well....I guess ill find out i did it already.....do they all breathe through the tank?? I dont know what brand it is

Yes they do.

my ims 5.6 sat a bit higher but it was comfortable.

I got rid of it because I like riding with a CR low bar and it wouldn't clear the tank properly. I put the stock bar on and it was fine.