No spark after rebuild

Hey guys I just got finished building my shee engine and I have no spark now. While the engine was apart I dropped and screwed up the stator and timing plate so I bought new used parts. Got the stator off ebay and timing plate off here. Anyway I got every thing back together and I no longer have a spark so I'm almost 100% its the stator I bought cause I had spark before the build. I have checked all my grounds, went over all my wiring, and gaped my pick up at .017 inch. It's gotta be that stator I bought.

Anyway here is my question. Is it safe/ok to kick on a fresh engine over and over that hasn't even fired for the first time? I used assembly lube while building but I'm still concerned. Also after I do have/get a spark how easy should it be to see? I mean will it be as clear as day or will I need to really look for it when testing for spark?

So I did some OHMS testing and am a little confused. First I tested the Primary ignition coil where the Orange and Black wire hooks to. I have Resistance there but when I checked the Secondary Ignition coil Black prong to either plug wire (I tested with plug cap on and removed) I have no resistance at all either wire. Next I checked the light coil tests good. Then I moved onto the Charging coil Green and Red wire and have no resistance. Pickup coil has resistance. So with my findings does this mean my Stator and ignition coil are both needing replaced?

I would not kick it over anymore then you have to.You are wiping all the oil out. if you need to keep kicking over i would put a cap full of oil down each cylinder to help keep the piston and rings lubed. And did you test your ignition coil? as far as seeing the spark it should bright and noticeable even in sunlight

I would not kick it over anymore then you have to.You are wiping all the oil out. if you need to keep kicking over i would put a cap full of oil down each cylinder to help keep the piston and rings lubed. And did you test your ignition coil? as far as seeing the spark it should bright and noticeable even in sunlight

Plus one on the only kicking when necessary. I like the oil idea too.

did you test your ignition coil?

Read post #2

Well I bought a stator and now I'm wondering if I'm going to need a coil as well. Im not kicking on the engine anymore untill the new parts are installed. I'll try the oil Idea thanks.

Did you do the tors kit or did you leave it? Unplug the black box under the tank if you still have it. Just another food for thought.

Yes tors removed. Guess I should have added that I took a "hammer" to the tors brain box. I also cut and removed the switch from the throttle, unpluged and removed the tors from the carbs, removed the rev limit from the handle bars. Like I said in post # 2 I have no OHMS coming from the charging coil or the secondary ignition.

Yes tors removed. Guess I should have added that I took a "hammer" to the tors brain box. I also cut and removed the switch from the throttle, unpluged and removed the tors from the carbs, removed the rev limit from the handle bars. Like I said in post # 2 I have no OHMS coming from the charging coil or the secondary ignition.

Looking for some more ideas guys. Anyone have any info regarding post # 2? I appreciate the help so far.

I know you said you checked your ground but how did you test them? I would unplug all connections and using your meter set to ohms, test all black wires on the harness side to a known good ground on the frame (cdi or regulator ground).on the coil you want to test orange to plug cap for your secondary readings (4,700-7,100 ohms) its a little misleading but when you test the black lead on the coil to get your secondary readings your testing ground and it will read open sense plugs & caps are not grounded to the motor. I would also test all your switches, on-off key if you still have that, main switch, also do you have a manual ? if not put up a post on your ohm readings.

Yea I have a manual and that is where i been getting my info. I have checked most of my connections with my volt meter set to ohms. But to be honest I do not know where to set the ohms on my meter. When I do check im getting readings but the numbers jump up then slowly work them self to zero. I got a reading when I tested the orange and black on my primary coil but when I went orange the plug wires I got nothing at all, no readings. I check with caps on and off., the same issue with my charging coil no reading what so ever.

Dude, I have run into thwe exact same issue as you did after the topend rebuild. Only I didnt drop anything. I am fed up with trying to figure it out, so I have taken it into a local shop to figure it out for me. I will post the answer to you when they come up with a solution.

Dude, I have run into thwe exact same issue as you did after the topend rebuild. Only I didnt drop anything. I am fed up with trying to figure it out, so I have taken it into a local shop to figure it out for me. I will post the answer to you when they come up with a solution.

What all have you checked and replaced?

Well I received my OEM-Alba 175w stator today and got it install. Sure enough thats all my spark issue was. Shee fired right up second kick. Before I started kicking again I put a little 2 stroke oil down each cylinder, boy was that smoky when she fired up. Thanks to all of you for your help I appreciate it.