TWISTER SMALL BLOCK?

trickedcarbine

A while back i started looking in to aftermarket cylinders for a flat track build. I thought about all the high dollar set ups first then looked at the empty wallet. Then i looked at the Vito's cylinders and the RDZ cylinders. Vito's tried to tell me their jugs could be configured for my riding, then every one that runs them says that they are pretty much drag only. So vito's is out for lieing. RDZ just got torn to pieces in a thread i started a few weeks ago and he started dancin around my questions. So i guess as always, you get what you pay for. Time to just pony up I guess. The cub is definitely not the type of power range i need for flat track/ice, but it's pv brother is. Then while looking for pv cylinders i call twister to see if by some miricle, they got an old set on the shelf collecting dust. No way! Loui was cool about it tells me a little about the small block. He says that with the cnc port work they developed that they run as good as their old pv cylinders. Any one running one of these? Where and what is the power like in relation to a cub and cheetah?

Thanks Brett

Ive got a buddy that runs the small block setup. He loves it. Tons of torque and the throttle response is awesome. Im planning on building my next bike using the small block or building one for my bike now.

My thoughts exactly cam, the cheetah would definitely be the hot ticket on the ice, especially in 485 trim on race gas. Maybe even pony up for that tss controller for the pv's. Real smooth on the delivery. Just gonna be honest, for my application, there is no cheap route. If I want the power in the 85+ range with good torque it'll cost me. The thought of a totally different set up used to put me back a little bit. But now the deeper i get in to this, the more resources i have. Wich only makes the desire for something different grow each time i ride the current set up.

So Alf, the small block you rode. Was there torque like a set of passion 12 ports would make or maybe a cheetah? Or was it some where between the cheetah and cub as far as torque? Just wondering if it would be a feasible flat track set up.

Sorry we couldn't do biz. If you think your not going to get what you pay for i guess i suck at what i do then. :shrugani:

Well man, I never said you suck, or that i wouldnt get my moneys worth. I said you danced around all my questions. To me that means there is a high potential for something scandelous. Just easier for me to save my money rather then be fucked and come to a builders shop with a shitty attitude and start fight because some one tried to swindle me( I've done it, ask around about moto matt gettin his shop thrashed). If you look at the thread i asked are you willing to garuntee the work? Will they make the power i wanted and work for my application? Would you stand behind your work all season. Pretty simple questions.......... just never got an answer for any of them. You seemed pretty humble, in your posts, but not very intuitive. Sorry man, but someone who can't answer a question definitely isn't going to get $2,000 of buisness. No doubt your shit flat out flys, however the service seems to be out in the air. Tell me you would build it, dyno it, run it, and stand behind it, all before asking for a buck.......... we're on! Just don't see it happinin' though.

Wait a second, do my eyes deceive me!?

An aftermarket jugs that makes 90+hp on race fuel with the broad powerband like ported stockers?

Link please. Time to talk to my builder :)

Edited by RagunCajun

My thoughts exactly cam, the cheetah would definitely be the hot ticket on the ice, especially in 485 trim on race gas. Maybe even pony up for that tss controller for the pv's. Real smooth on the delivery. Just gonna be honest, for my application, there is no cheap route. If I want the power in the 85+ range with good torque it'll cost me. The thought of a totally different set up used to put me back a little bit. But now the deeper i get in to this, the more resources i have. Wich only makes the desire for something different grow each time i ride the current set up.

So Alf, the small block you rode. Was there torque like a set of passion 12 ports would make or maybe a cheetah? Or was it some where between the cheetah and cub as far as torque? Just wondering if it would be a feasible flat track set up.

I never actually rode it. Ive rode with him many times and the thing flat fn rips, from any point in the band. I talked with him about it and and he has never been more happy with any other motor. Hes had several diff cub setups as well. One of our other buddys that rides has rode it and put his cub setup on Criagslist dirt cheap to have one of these motors built. I will get a chance to ride it in a couple weeks at Dunefest then Ill have an answer for you based on my own ride on it.

Wait a second, do my eyes deceive me!?

An aftermarket jugs that makes 90+hp on race fuel with the broad powerband like ported stockers?

Link please. Time to talk to my builder :)

Oh ya buddy. it can be achieved. See what you can find here.

http://67.199.65.66/twistercrankshaft/store/store_view.cfm?store_area_id=22&STORE_DEPT_ID=286'>http://67.199.65.66/twistercrankshaft/store/store_view.cfm?store_area_id=22&STORE_DEPT_ID=286

http://67.199.65.66/twistercrankshaft/

the power valve cylinder's make WAYY more bottom end and throttle response and TQ than any non powervalve small cc motor. if you want a 2 stroke that makes 50's+ in tq ( 4 stroke tq) AND high HP you need to have a power valved motor.

I have a set of 75mm smallblocks with a 58mm stroke. i love them!! two of my friends have cheetah cubs. i like them too! i bought mine because at the time had never seen them on another bike before. not let down one bit. my buddy a.j. has a 421 with a dune port. my small blocks are non ported. my buddy Carry also runs a cub. we do ride each others bikes at the drag strip. one of the things we all notice is how much sooner these small blocks com on. they really do feel like they are power valved. i think if people would do r&d on these cylinders that they would be really impressed on what kinda of power they can tap into. i do think that these are the cylinders for you you will definitely not be let down. i have never dynoed these but a.j dynoed his bike at 85 on gas. i have videos on you tube my name is smallblockbanshee you will see me racing several bikes with it and its on gas too not ported. a great thing with the small blocks is no nikisil to worry about and thats worth money there. the heads are also included in the price.. some thing else to think about

I never actually rode it. Ive rode with him many times and the thing flat fn rips, from any point in the band. I talked with him about it and and he has never been more happy with any other motor. Hes had several diff cub setups as well. One of our other buddys that rides has rode it and put his cub setup on Criagslist dirt cheap to have one of these motors built. I will get a chance to ride it in a couple weeks at Dunefest then Ill have an answer for you based on my own ride on it.

Oh ya buddy. it can be achieved. See what you can find here.

http://67.199.65.66/...ORE_DEPT_ID=286

http://67.199.65.66/twistercrankshaft/

I'm sorry.....but dont you now offer cub cylinders and you post a link for someone to buy a twister setup? Way to keep you vendors happy shoothead.gif

I have a set of 75mm smallblocks with a 58mm stroke. i love them!! two of my friends have cheetah cubs. i like them too! i bought mine because at the time had never seen them on another bike before. not let down one bit. my buddy a.j. has a 421 with a dune port. my small blocks are non ported. my buddy Carry also runs a cub. we do ride each others bikes at the drag strip. one of the things we all notice is how much sooner these small blocks com on. they really do feel like they are power valved. i think if people would do r&d on these cylinders that they would be really impressed on what kinda of power they can tap into. i do think that these are the cylinders for you you will definitely not be let down. i have never dynoed these but a.j dynoed his bike at 85 on gas. i have videos on you tube my name is smallblockbanshee you will see me racing several bikes with it and its on gas too not ported. a great thing with the small blocks is no nikisil to worry about and thats worth money there. the heads are also included in the price.. some thing else to think about

You obviously don't realize how awesome nikasil is. One of my pistons looks like it ate some sand, but the nikasil is still fine in that area, except for the 3 years of run-time it has on it. So saying nikasil is something to worry about is a hugely misleading statement.

a 75x58mm motor is pretty big just the cc difference would make way more tq than a 421. maybe some day i might get the chance to play with one of these. they look bad ass all polished up!!