Tuning stock carbs

Yes really. Instead of jetting/adjusting your carbs, you bought bigger ones. The problem was you IMO. Judging by your mods in your sig, you dont NEED 33's. You bike would run fine. But it also runs fine with 33's im sure. Again, you stock carbs where fine. Not all of us can afford to spend money on bigger carbs so we will rebuild stock ones and get them working because it's a cheaper alternative. And when we spank big carbs bikes, it feels even better.

People upgrade them for many reasons. Some are: they want more performance, to fallow the crowd, because someone said so, tired of taking the bowls off to change jets, found a good deal on bigger ones. I went with 30mm carbs to keep my low end power and i got a great deal on my carbs. So what you said about going with 30 or 33 may not be ideal for everyone set up.

IMO a person should talk to their builder and see which carb will perform best for their riding style, set up and port job.

muggzy, i run VF3 reeds on my bike. I love how crisp the throttle is. I personally hate the feel of stock reeds on a banshee.

I did take the advise of my builder a got bigger, better carbs for my bike to suite my mods and mods to come(4 mill dune port.) I will be sure to tell Farm and sand toys they don't know shit and I get my advise from a guy on the internet!

Sure tell Jeff that so he can laugh. He's a good guy. Very good to do business with.

You said YOU couldnt get stock carbs to idle right. You said nothing about taking you builders advice which i said you should(so you did take my advice :rolleyes: ). Again, stock carbs idle fine :o

I really doubt Jeff from FAST said the reason you cant get your stock carbs to idle is because they are junk. He's all for making a sale but he wont lie like that. Now if he said it will make more power, that i believe and it's true.

I didnt say he didnt know what he was talking about. My whole point was the problem with YOUR stock carbs not being able to idle was you.

Ill keep going on about this. I believe i am right unless you can prove to me stock carbs cant idle on a engine likes yours. That's the ONLY point i tried to make in post number 10 which seemed to strike a nerve. :unsure:

Edited by RagunCajun

Sure tell Jeff that so he can laugh. He's a good guy. Very good to do business with.

You said YOU couldnt get stock carbs to idle right. You said nothing about taking you builders advice which i said you should(so you did take my advice :rolleyes: ). Again, stock carbs idle fine :o

I really doubt Jeff from FAST said the reason you cant get your stock carbs to idle is because they are junk. He's all for making a sale but he wont lie like that. Now if he said it will make more power, that i believe and it's true.

I didnt say he didnt know what he was talking about. My whole point was the problem with YOUR stock carbs not being able to idle was you.

Ill keep going on about this. I believe i am right unless you can prove to me stock carbs cant idle on a engine likes yours. That's the ONLY point i tried to make in post number 10 which seemed to strike a nerve. :unsure:

No, I did not take your advise I took the advise of a builder long before this thread started. I know Jeff is a good guy and that is why I do business with him. First you suggest that I am not capable of tuning my carbs now you claim to know what was said between FAST and I. The bottom line is when I got better carbs idling problems went away. :shootself:

That was sarcasm about taking my advice. Sorry it wasn't obvious.

My whole point about "telling you what he said" was that I doubt he said stock carbs were your problem.

Maybe its my crappy typing and grammar on this phone. If it's my grammar I appologize.

My only point in this thread is i think stock carbs will idle fine on your bike.

Edited by RagunCajun