moose chain slide question

I bought a moost front chain slide, it has a post towards the back sticking out tht looks funny sitting on the top of the swing arm IMO. It either looks funny or I need to drill a hole for the peg. anybody use this slide?

I bought a moost front chain slide, it has a post towards the back sticking out tht looks funny sitting on the top of the swing arm IMO. It either looks funny or I need to drill a hole for the peg. anybody use this slide?

I beleive you need to drill a hole for it

Yamaha shop told me it just sits on top of the swingarm. I have had mine on for a couple years and it works fine that way.

Yamaha shop told me it just sits on top of the swingarm. I have had mine on for a couple years and it works fine that way.

the angle looks correct just sitting on top but a smaller peg and drilling a hole seems better to me. I guess they would say on the package if drilling was required. Looks funny to me but it worked for you so what ever

the angle looks correct just sitting on top but a smaller peg and drilling a hole seems better to me. I guess they would say on the package if drilling was required. Looks funny to me but it worked for you so what ever

I thought it looked funny as well. That is why I asked the guys at the dealership where I bought it.