valve stems on my engine

theres only one problem with just plugging them off, looks like somebody cut it apart so they could change the chain without pulling it, LAZY! so they are pointless because i PROMISE its not sealed worth a damn any how. Get a good cover, yamaha knew what they were doing (kinda), because its GOING to get wet inside with it like that

They actually seal better than you think. I generally drill a hole in mine to dispense condensation. On the Honda motors I don't run a gasket and it really cuts down on flywheel rust and stator failures.

wow i'm really trying to decide something here.

so someone actually sold this idear on EBAY a while back? and then did someone actually buy this thinggy.. i am just amazed it never fails..

if water wont stay in the cover it cannot turn to rust.. if you dont swamp your bike you shouldnt have an issue with water in there. i also just slap the cover on.. no gasket i dont need the gasket.. i wash my bikes a lot and the pressure can get water in there also.

Great modd! Everyone should try it. It's a first generation leakdown tester. First fill motor with pressure from valve #1 and wait. After 6 min. pressure should still be the same. If not your plastic case is cracked. Valve #2 is to fill the frame with nitrous. On mine I just hook my refridgeration vacume pump up to the valves and pull it down to 30 microns. In a vacume I can spin the flywheel to 15,000.

Look people...it's sarcasm. :P Everybody knows that's a cover modded to carry emergency replacement valve stems for trail riding. :rotflmao: