Gasket King....Save some money here

mailman

The modquad head does look nice. Looks like a damn near copy of the NOSS head.

I guess the reason I find it weird is the other guys selling shit on here build bikes and have shops too. You're just kind of a middle man? It doesn't really bother me, I just always found it weird to have a middle man when you can buy straight from all these companies...

Lol. Are u serious. So your telling me because I don't manufacture my own parts I can't push parts from my distributers. Wert parts dealer or atv shop makes there own parts huh? Lol. Some people. I push parts from my vendors. Of course u do. I'm still new and getting my name our there. I don't have my own custom product. Yet. So what. The only rime you ever comment on this forum is when u have something negative to say or vouch for fasst or noss. Get over it man. I do remind people about modquad heads. There new and not like They used to be. There is absolutly no proof that one head crank or whatever is better than the other. That is why u see me on threads talking About modquad heads. Geez man. Really!!

I am just saying you layed in to this guy about getting 2 base gakets from this gasket king company like he was taking food off your dinner table. Yet you come along peddling a modquad head for a few bucks profit when there is a site sponcer that specializes in making cool heads, and has been around for a heck of a longer than both you and I.

I just recomend the manufacture over a modquad middle man.

I wonder how many ModQuad heads are out there are running a pair of Noss Machine Domes vs. A Noss Machine Head running ModQuad domes.

I don't think I laid into him. But whatever. And the only time again like I said before when every single new banshee owner asks what head is better I always offer up modquad to. Can't. Have an opinion about them. I've never states one is better than the othere. There not. They all do the same thing. I here alot on the forums. So what. I enjoy it. When there was only a few of us sponsors you saw us all here more often. With all the sponsors here now it's even tougher to earn or gain business. That's all it is. Business. Those others are setup. They have big shops and are well known. They don't have to be here as much. I've spoke with most of our original sponsors gotten advice etc. I just don't mo what I ever did to you that u feel you always have to make comments on just about every thread I post on. I'm just doing my job and doing what I pay to do here. Deal with it. Support and buy from whoever you want. Idk. Just quit trying to make me look bad or whatever your deal is with me. Get over it.

I don't think I laid into him. But whatever. And the only time again like I said before when every single new banshee owner asks what head is better I always offer up modquad to. Can't. Have an opinion about them. I've never states one is better than the othere. There not. They all do the same thing. I here alot on the forums. So what. I enjoy it. When there was only a few of us sponsors you saw us all here more often. With all the sponsors here now it's even tougher to earn or gain business. That's all it is. Business. Those others are setup. They have big shops and are well known. They don't have to be here as much. I've spoke with most of our original sponsors gotten advice etc. I just don't mo what I ever did to you that u feel you always have to make comments on just about every thread I post on. I'm just doing my job and doing what I pay to do here. Deal with it. Support and buy from whoever you want. Idk. Just quit trying to make me look bad or whatever your deal is with me. Get over it.

My oppinion was the same before you started selling parts. I havent changed just to personally attack you.

http://bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=88331&view=&hl=modquad&fromsearch=1

I look at it this way; when you buy a Noss Machine head your dealing with a guy who has done a lot to move the banshee industry forward, vs a billit accessory company can produce a copy.

I have owned 2 things made by modquad and that is enough for me.

#1. A set of front pipe hangers. As soon as I recieved them I sold them. They were just a fancy solid aluminum bracket with rubber vibration isolater bushing. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to determine that a solid pipe mount will cause pipes to crack. I have herd that they have sence started including a rubber washer / gromet. Who knows how many sets they sold with out them caused problems.

#2 A hide a key bracket. This one is super sweet. It is to short and the holes dont line up. Who would have though a flat billit bracket with 3 holes would be so hard to design. I keep this in my desk drawer as a reminder.

Just quit trying to make me look bad or whatever your deal is with me.

Alf you're doing it to your self man. You're actions are kinda like that desperate used car sales man that never gives up...pushy-pushy-pushy.

I appreciate what you do for our site and it takes balls, to go out on your own and start a company... I respect that.

I know you need to hustle and get your products and name out there for business, but I think you might be a little TOO over the top and that could steer people away....JMO

You need to do what you need to do to and thats fine, just don't call people out and give them shit, for not calling you first or another sponsor for an item.

Professionalism goes a long way.

Edited by Titan up

I am not sure I could have said it any better....

This guy started a thread to make other members aware of an awesome customer experience w/a certain place and IMO was doing the forum a great favor by doing so. He did not start a thread trying to sell dudes gaskets. There is a big difference here ALF. I am not trying to give you a hard time, I have had a good customer experience w/you before and have forwarded the story to others. Threads like this one, IMO, partially make up what is good about this forum.

Thanks for the heads up Mailman.

I see both sides of the story on this one.

Mailman is just trying to pass along a good deal to members...his post is borderline advertising...and can be taken either way. Not my call...just giving my opinion.

Alf paid to sponsor here...and our site sponsors pay for this site primarily, which we're all appreciative.

The reason you don't see Jeff @ FAST, Kevin @ HJR , Andy @ M&M or other "builders" posting a lot here is because they do much more labor intense work than Alf does. They build motors.

I know Alf polishes parts, which is labor intense in it's own right...but his primary business is getting parts at dealer cost and selling them at or near retail.

I can tell you 100% first hand there is not a lot of markup or margin in that. I tried it briefly and it sucks...

Alf is just saying buy from the sponsors...that's all. None of our site sponsors are getting rich off this site, they do it because they love it....just help a brotha out....

To me, it is no different than when Tim Made me a swingarm in one day and shipped it out so I could get to the dunes that weekend . I was surely going to let other members know of my good experience w/Tim and this was before he was a site sponsor. Noone had a problem w/that....maybe it was because we didn't have a chassis builder as a sponsor at the time.......but, I personally want to know about places that are above and beyond in our industry. I would have told anyone that had a problem w/that at the time where to go.... My intention more than anything commenting on this post was to give a friendly opinion to alf letting him know that I personally thought what he did was distastefull and I would not want him to hurt his reputation further.

Now if Mailman came on here and said, this person makes the best gaskets in the world and are available through me for anyone that wants to purchase them, I could see every sponsor on the site getting bent out of shape..... I will leave it alone at that.

Well again I apologize. I proly did jump the gun. It's not like I teamed this guy I just brought to his attention we have many sponsors. Ecspecially now.

I feel there's just alot of free advertisement and people selling parts at cost they get from a buddy. That kills us.

That's all I have to say. Thanks dajogejr for seeing what I was trying to say.

I'm going to enjoy the rest of my week here at Sandfest. Peace out.

Personally I see both sides of the coin on this one. Alf is right in defending himself and other site sponsers. It's a tough economy right now, especially trying to start up a business that falls into the luxury end of the scale. Yeah , Alf might be a little overbearing , but I see someone who is doing ALL he can to make a go of it. If he PM'd everone instead of posting , we would have no clue unless someone came on and complained about it. It's also good to know about G.K. , what if I need a gasket for my 72 250 Elsinore?

Personally I see both sides of the coin on this one. Alf is right in defending himself and other site sponsers. It's a tough economy right now, especially trying to start up a business that falls into the luxury end of the scale. Yeah , Alf might be a little overbearing , but I see someone who is doing ALL he can to make a go of it. If he PM'd everone instead of posting , we would have no clue unless someone came on and complained about it. It's also good to know about G.K. , what if I need a gasket for my 72 250 Elsinore?

73 was the first year for 250 elsinore.