Trail Tech Temp Sensor Install

Driggs

you want it to go to the upper rad. hose. the lower rad. hose feeds the cooled coolant into the engine.

I have mine on the hose between the head and the rad, which is the upper hose. I figured hot fluid into the top cools down through the rad and exits out the bottom to be pumped back into motor.

I have mine on the hose between the head and the rad, which is the upper hose. I figured hot fluid into the top cools down through the rad and exits out the bottom to be pumped back into motor.

yup, best place is where the sensor is not getting heat from the pipes, too. best place is right behind the steering stem.

• 3 weeks later...

It is just there vapor computer. You have to splice in to the top radiator hose. Mount the speedometer sensor in the metal shield behind the brake rotor. Take a rotor bolt out and relace it with a magnetic bolt. It is a pretty easy install.

i'm not sure exactly how accurate they are, especially if you don't run a catch tank, but there is the temp gauge rad. caps, and you have to cut the little hole in the rad cover to see, but, it is an option......trailtech units aren't really that much, if you buy the right one....

ah ok...

I use a esr inline temp gauge on my kfx... and seems to be fairly accurate.... shows consistent temps... and so on... I might just remove one of the inline coolers on the banshee and instal the inline temp gauge.... only down fall is i will have to look in there to see the temp

Yea those esr gauges are super nice and built tough since they are liquid filled. You want to put it in the radiator hose that runs from the front of the head to the top of the radiator. You can splice it in up by the gas tank so you can see the gauge though one of the gas tank shroud's holes.

• 3 years later...

I gotta admit, that's a pretty nice piece. However, I think you're not going to sell too many of them at that price, especially here as a new BHQ member and not having any selling feedback on ebay. There are plenty of equally elaborate handlebar clamps in the $30 to $40 shipped, price. Granted, you have a unique product, but it's not that hard to drill 2 holes into a cheaper clamp. With all that being said, I feel that at about $35 plus $5 shipping, you could sell a bunch of them. I'm not trying to Jew you on price. I just feel that's where the market is at. If you want to sell them at that price, I would be willing to meet you anywhere in Eugene, buy 1 for $35 and report to BHQ to give you some credibility. PM me if you want to set something up.

• Like 1

Thanks for the input. I went to the post office today and got the shipping nailed down, it was a lot cheaper than I originally figured $4.76. I will be changing the shipping on ebay today. I'm all about keeping the price low. The prototype I made was a lot simpler and only took a third of the time to machine. It looked a lot better than drilling two holes in a cheap clamp but not "clean" like i wanted. The machine time on a flat topped basic clamp is about 1/4 the time mine takes. 3 axis cnc time at most shops is in in the $100 plus range. So I dont have a lot of wiggle room. I may make a simpler one in the future but was hoping that the look of this one would maki it worthwhile?

PM sent.

I took my Radiator off and had a threaded bung brazed in the side of it and screwed the sensor in there. Some of the Quads and Bikes actually have a temperature sensor bung in the radiator from the factory. It worked out good, I've been running my Trail Tech Vapor for over a year with without issue. I didn't like the idea of the plastic in-line temp sensor housing or the way the wires were going to be routed. I'd say the air cooled temperature sensor that goes under the spark plug would be accurate enough on the Banshee too as long as both cylinders are running real close.