Compression Check with Ported Cylinders.

jrod

Ok today i finally got my motor all put together. And i did a compression check, and it is about 10psi off? I am at about 140psi, and i have 20cc domes and a Aggressive dune port. I did the compression check by holding open the Throttle and having the pipes off the bike. I am about 1200 feetabove see level. Noss Website says i should be 150ish.

Ok today i finally got my motor all put together. And i did a compression check, and it is about 10psi off? I am at about 140psi, and i have 20cc domes and a Aggressive dune port. I did the compression check by holding open the Throttle and having the pipes off the bike. I am about 1200 feetabove see level. Noss Website says i should be 150ish.

Perhaps your high exhaust port is the culprit.

Having an aggressively ported cylinder willl cause your cranking compression to be low

140 sounds about right with a port job.

With your elevation and a aggressive port job it sounds like you are were you should be.