421 Cheetah Cub Setup advice?

doug

Hi Guys,

I've got a 421 Cheetah Cub with a 4mil stroker crank that I am putting back together after getting it replated at Millenium. (the cause of the flaking is believed to be a plating failure.)

What is a reliable setup? (i.e., timing, domes, etc.)

I'm running 100 meters above sea level, +10 degrees to +30 degrees and I want to run pump fuel. 92 to 94 octane, running Klotz.

Any rebuild advice is appreciated (i.e., engine brake lube, engine breakin advice?)

Thank you.

Hi Guys,

I've got a 421 Cheetah Cub with a 4mil stroker crank that I am putting back together after getting it replated at Millenium. (the cause of the flaking is believed to be a plating failure.)

What is a reliable setup? (i.e., timing, domes, etc.)

I'm running 100 meters above sea level, +10 degrees to +30 degrees and I want to run pump fuel. 92 to 94 octane, running Klotz.

Any rebuild advice is appreciated (i.e., engine brake lube, engine breakin advice?)

Thank you.

What's the intended use of the bike?

Edited by pr0blumz

Hi - the intended use of the bike is:

a) Primarily trailing (hitting local gravel pits, running rail beds, etc.)

B) When I am fortunate enough, hitting Silver Lake and maybe even Glamis at the end of this summer. (this is very periodic though)

Very gunshine after having ridden the bike for only 10-15 and discovering the plating issue. Reliability is key. Looking to under tune and then go up from there.

Thanks!

No - 10 or 15 minutes run time. I think it was messed when I bought it.

It had 20cc domes with 4.5 degrees timing running pump fuel. Yep, getting it replated for standard 68mm bore. So, it sounds like that combination was prone for problems.

Thank you.

Edited by doug

• 1 year later...

wow if your not sure how to assemble it you should talk to a shop or you may have some explosin issues in the near future..

otherwise GET A MANUAL and at least follow the basic instructions in there.

wow I can easily assemble a banshee engine, as it is the easiest engine to assemle in the world to me. I was asking for set-up far as parts.

Edited by 252wheelieking

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Doug, after our chat...I'll put together a list of stuff for you. You'll have that tiger under control in no time.