13 tooth 14 tooth

ok so it was time for a new front sprocket I had the original 13 tooth size when i went to pick up the sprocket they only had a 14 tooth but they told me to put it on and it will be OK the only mods i have on my shee is fmf pipes and a k&n air filter so that's why im asking . I haven't got my shee running cause i blew up one of my pistons but do you guys have any idea on how it will pull?? am i going to have sucky acceleration??

Prior to having my bike ported I always had a hard time holding 6th gear in the sand ( always bogged down). Switched to a 14 tooth and helped out alot, I think you'll like it.

I dont know about older banshee's but my 2010 shee came stock with a 14t front sprocket. I want to change it to either 15 or 16 ..

well being i just went back to a 14-42 from having the 13-42 i can tell you for the rideing i do i dont like it as much as the 13. i ride mosty trails and coal hills. now i can tell it dosnt pull as hard, but also when i raced with the 13 the rear tires spun alot more, i have alot more top end now compared to the 13 as well. this is just my opinion i liked the 13 alot mor. and also stock is 14-41

ok so it was time for a new front sprocket I had the original 13 tooth size when i went to pick up the sprocket they only had a 14 tooth but they told me to put it on and it will be OK the only mods i have on my shee is fmf pipes and a k&n air filter so that's why im asking . I haven't got my shee running cause i blew up one of my pistons but do you guys have any idea on how it will pull?? am i going to have sucky acceleration??

the first few years of production they were geared 13-42, then switched to 14-41

so you had 13 tooth , stock, and now you are switching to a 14 tooth? or did you say it backwards?

a piped banshee will pull a 14 tooth fine, it wont be as peppy as a 13, each gear will be a bit "longer" and you might find your jetting is off and has trouble pulling 6th gear

personally i use 13-41 for woods riding and hills, im rarely in 6th gear and like the extra torque, dont really mind a bit more shifting

Also it depends on tire size and the number of paddles you run, if you run paddles.I like 22 inch tall tires for ground clearance so i like the 13 tooth for sand,plus i weigh 235.

I run 21 inch 10 paddle haulers, with a 13 tooth and I seem to run pretty well. Then again I can't remember really how a 14 tooth feels on my bike.