CT Racing Pipes

Como

Someone is selling a set of CT Racing pipes and say they are good all around pipes. He also say they make good top end but don't take away from the bottom end. I'm 220lbs and most of my banshee knowledge I gain form this website, my bike is still naked as it came out of the dealer I now feel that I need more power on the start. I do mostly mountain trails, mud and log roads, would you recommend starting my upgrads with a set of these?

post-32374-12752482400963_thumb.jpg

Someone is selling a set of CT Racing pipes and say they are good all around pipes. He also say they make good top end but don't take away from the bottom end. I'm 220lbs and most of my banshee knowledge I gain form this website, my bike is still naked as it came out of the dealer I now feel that I need more power on the start. I do mostly mountain trails, mud and log roads, would you recommend starting my upgrads with a set of these?

You will get at least 2.6 zillion opinions about this.

Mine:

Most any pipe will give you a performance boost in the upper revs, and take away from the bottom end as compared to the stock pipe. I say if you can get them for real cheap, go for it, if not, wait for a pair of pro circuit or FMF gnarly pipes. For YOUR situation, though, the first thing I would recommend is to bump up your compression. This will give you some much needed grunt on the bottom end. Something else you should do is when you pull your head offf, go ahead and pull your cylinders off and do a "clean up" port job, basically smoothing out the flow. While at this you can match up the liner to the exhaust port (aluminum part). This, in conjunction with the head mod will give you a very noticeable boost in performance and grunt for climbing those hills. You might be happy with this for now and save some money.

That said, I don't know much about the ct pipe. However IMO, it is worth waiting for a set of pro circuits, which you really can't go wrong with unless you have a dedicated drag bike.

CT products are typically well above par, though...

Edited by SLORYDER

You will get at least 2.6 zillion opinions about this.

Mine:

Most any pipe will give you a performance boost in the upper revs, and take away from the bottom end as compared to the stock pipe. I say if you can get them for real cheap, go for it, if not, wait for a pair of pro circuit or FMF gnarly pipes. For YOUR situation, though, the first thing I would recommend is to bump up your compression. This will give you some much needed grunt on the bottom end. Something else you should do is when you pull your head offf, go ahead and pull your cylinders off and do a "clean up" port job, basically smoothing out the flow. While at this you can match up the liner to the exhaust port (aluminum part). This, in conjunction with the head mod will give you a very noticeable boost in performance and grunt for climbing those hills. You might be happy with this for now and save some money.

That said, I don't know much about the ct pipe. However IMO, it is worth waiting for a set of pro circuits, which you really can't go wrong with unless you have a dedicated drag bike.

CT products are typically well above par, though...

From what I heard if you want more bottom end get a dynaport 2 into 1 pipe and +4 timing plate

i feel the best lowend pipe out now is the t-6.

banshee cylinder really really benifit from at least a clean up port at least one that involves matching the trasnfers as well as the rest of the ports of course its not much more to do a lil more work in there also.

BUT if you really want low end TQ and grunt you should seriously think about a raptor 700 hate to say it but they are a blast in the trails.. and have a lot in them for hp capacity and reliablity....

From what I heard if you want more bottom end get a dynaport 2 into 1 pipe and +4 timing plate

From what I've seen the dynaport doesnt have much more lowend than the stock pipe. Timing will help but the biggest thing will be compression.

1111111111.jpg

i feel the best lowend pipe out now is the t-6.

banshee cylinder really really benifit from at least a clean up port at least one that involves matching the trasnfers as well as the rest of the ports of course its not much more to do a lil more work in there also.

BUT if you really want low end TQ and grunt you should seriously think about a raptor 700 hate to say it but they are a blast in the trails.. and have a lot in them for hp capacity and reliablity....

When you speak of matching the transfers, you speak of maching the aluminum with the sleeve windows, correct?

Edited by SLORYDER

• 1 month later...

I'll just be a stand up guy and answer your question, THEN tell you a few other things that can help. CT has never put out any B.S. so jump on them. They are the "typical try to cater to any rider" kind of pipe wich means they will give you a lil all over, yet really wake up the mid. I have seen them on a 250r based banshee out here that flat out hauled on the moto track and killed it on the tt racing. If they are really a good deal take them. That way if you want something else, polish them and sell them for a bit more then you paid.

Ultimately to get a bike to work for your riding, some rockets would be nice, or maybe some newer style trinity 4's.

As far as other goodies, a good timing plate will give you a helluva bang for your buck! Go on ebay or look in the for sale section here. STAY AWAY FROM CAST JAP CRAP! Set that bad boy at 4 degrees and prepare to be wowed for 50 bucks! You should then look in to a good head and domes. Up the compression a little bit and get a chance to see the condition of whats goin on inside the engine.

The porting would be the best money you ever spent, but don't even bother pulling the jugs to do a clean up port. Total waste of time, cuz once you get in to port work the time and money spent is only worth it if you do it right.

As far as other goodies, a good timing plate will give you a helluva bang for your buck! Go on ebay or look in the for sale section here. STAY AWAY FROM CAST JAP CRAP!

You mean CHINESE...The Japanese are no where even comparable to the stuff China makes..

most CT's were mostlya hand coned pipe and have a round silencer a lil bigger but shorter than a pro circuit silencers some also had small turn downs on the ends of them.

yeah these are hand coned, i think they are ct, the look like the robots arms from lost in space, DANGER! DANGER!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all of your input guys; they’ve been gone from craigslist for a while now. I’m just not into spending much on it and don’t want to mess with anything that would means a never ending project. Would changing the front sprocket be a good idea for now?