left hand pipe/cylinder keeps cutting out

this is making me pretty mad... as i do not have the patience for this lol or time/money either.,... but anyway my problem is this... when i get on the gas all through the powerband... (only had it to 3rd) the left hand pipe/cylinder cuts out, but then will kick back in.... and its only when im drivng it, and on the gas good. in idle or neutral and reving the hell outa it, its fine. i put brand new gas in (not that much though) new spark plugs, checked the spark... it has spark (maybe not enough spark?) compression is at 115 psi each which is ok. i had takin the carbs off and totally apart and cleaned them really good.

so unless i just dont have enough gas in it right now, or its not getting enough gas to the one carb, or the coil/wire on the one side isnt producing enough spark.... then i dunno lmao

im outa ideas any help would be much appreciated!!!!

this is making me pretty mad... as i do not have the patience for this lol or time/money either.,... but anyway my problem is this... when i get on the gas all through the powerband... (only had it to 3rd) the left hand pipe/cylinder cuts out, but then will kick back in.... and its only when im drivng it, and on the gas good. in idle or neutral and reving the hell outa it, its fine. i put brand new gas in (not that much though) new spark plugs, checked the spark... it has spark (maybe not enough spark?) compression is at 115 psi each which is ok. i had takin the carbs off and totally apart and cleaned them really good.

so unless i just dont have enough gas in it right now, or its not getting enough gas to the one carb, or the coil/wire on the one side isnt producing enough spark.... then i dunno lmao

im outa ideas any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Check the gap between the flywheel, and the pick-up coil. It should be 0.015"-0.020", and you can set it using a matchbook cover.

Switch the plug wires and see if it moves to the other side if it does it could be a spark plug cap(blown resistor)or a bad coil.

fire.....

ahhh damn it i was gunna do that to and totally forgot lol .... ill do that first thing tomorrow thanks for reminding me firebanshee!!! as far as the gap ... i dont see why all the sudden it would start this, seems like something like that would be a gradual problem with gapping.

fire.....

ahhh damn it i was gunna do that to and totally forgot lol .... ill do that first thing tomorrow thanks for reminding me firebanshee!!! as far as the gap ... i dont see why all the sudden it would start this, seems like something like that would be a gradual problem with gapping.

It's happened before, and it could be something as simple as a loose bolt on the pick-up coil, causing it to move.

I just had the same exact problem the left pipe wouldnt even get hot at all and ran like crap. I tested the cap and got a reading of 12k ohms resistance so I bought 2 NGK caps for 3.99 and put in new plugs and the shee is screaming again. I am so glad it is running full strength again

• 2 weeks later...

I just had the same exact problem the left pipe wouldnt even get hot at all and ran like crap. I tested the cap and got a reading of 12k ohms resistance so I bought 2 NGK caps for 3.99 and put in new plugs and the shee is screaming again. I am so glad it is running full strength again

update: seems to have magically fixed itself .... lol i have yet to run it for a bit , but when i filled it up with gas all the way , and ran it up the road... worked fine. im thinkin it wasnt getting enough fuel .... fuel line has a small kink in it the way it is ran, anywho the only other thing i could think of is i know some gas tanks have a filter in pitcock itself (or in the gas tank by it anyway) anyone know if the banshee gas tank does?

update: seems to have magically fixed itself .... lol i have yet to run it for a bit , but when i filled it up with gas all the way , and ran it up the road... worked fine. im thinkin it wasnt getting enough fuel .... fuel line has a small kink in it the way it is ran, anywho the only other thing i could think of is i know some gas tanks have a filter in pitcock itself (or in the gas tank by it anyway) anyone know if the banshee gas tank does?

Yes there is a filter in the gas tank. There's actually two of them. One for the reserve and one for the on position.