SHEARER PIPES AT HIS BEST

First thought when I read the title.......Did they

A: crack a weld

B: split the seam

C: chrome is flaking

D: All of the above

Typical quality you get for your hard earned 600+ from shearer

all of the above... this will be like 14 welds that have been fixed now.....i cant even start the bike with out cracking them....

damn WTF.. what does shearer have to say about it?

i talked to him last year when i cracked it the 1st time, he said that i never has this problem and for me to send them back and he will fix it... it will cost me at least 80bucks round trip on shipping fuck that... lucky for me i have one of the best welders in the world just down the street from me....

i talked to him last year when i cracked it the 1st time, he said that i never has this problem and for me to send them back and he will fix it... it will cost me at least 80bucks round trip on shipping fuck that... lucky for me i have one of the best welders in the world just down the street from me....

yea, ive heard that story before from others too. i run shearers on my bike and have had good luck so far.. lucky for me i can weld if they do break.

How did you have them mounted?

Yep that is the 100 dollar quesiton. You use a cheap crappy mount that is rigid it will cause your pipes to break.

I run a good set of TM Designworks front pipe hangers. They have a rubber bushing inbetween the halfs. They also swivel 360 deg wich is nice.

http://www.tmdesignworks.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=149&products_id=242

100_2126.jpg

First thought when I read the title.......Did they

A: crack a weld

B: split the seam

C: chrome is flaking

D: All of the above

Typical quality you get for your hard earned 600+ from shearer

I guess that is why you should get his pipes bare. That way all the extra welds you have to do dont stick out like a sore thumb.

Yep that is the 100 dollar quesiton. You use a cheap crappy mount that is rigid it will cause your pipes to break.

I run a good set of TM Designworks front pipe hangers. They have a rubber bushing inbetween the halfs. They also swivel 360 deg wich is nice.

I dont think that mount will work for him.. He's using OOF pipes.

I dont think that mount will work for him.. He's using OOF pipes.

Yea probably not then. I would deffinatly go to the hardware store and buy a rubber stopper. Drill a hole in it and put in inbetween the bracket and the foot peg. Bolt it together on the loose side and double nut it so it didnt come appart.