New member in need of guidance

Ok I just upgraded from a blaster to a banshee. My blaster was pretty tricked out w/ porting, shaved hear 35mm carb, pro circuit pipe.

I'm fairly knowledgeabout two strokes and my main question is what kind of porting would you recommend for me and maybe a carb recommendation.

I have pro circuit pipes, stock carbs and kand n pods. The head is shaved and the timing is stock.

I ride mostly on the beach wide open, and drag race. No trails.

I know it's gonna be high because it's two cylinders, but i'm saving up for a port job and am willing to spend $300 shipping included.

I have a dremel and thought about doing it myself but I''m not really sure where to cut. If anyone can give me some tips there I would appreciate it as well so I can hop it up while saving for my port job.

Thanks

Ok I just upgraded from a blaster to a banshee. My blaster was pretty tricked out w/ porting, shaved hear 35mm carb, pro circuit pipe.

I'm fairly knowledgeabout two strokes and my main question is what kind of porting would you recommend for me and maybe a carb recommendation.

I have pro circuit pipes, stock carbs and kand n pods. The head is shaved and the timing is stock.

I ride mostly on the beach wide open, and drag race. No trails.

I know it's gonna be high because it's two cylinders, but i'm saving up for a port job and am willing to spend $300 shipping included.

I have a dremel and thought about doing it myself but I''m not really sure where to cut. If anyone can give me some tips there I would appreciate it as well so I can hop it up while saving for my port job.

Thanks

welcome to the site. with the porting i would get it done right and go with F.A.S.T RACING they do very good work. if your doin drags and wide open racing id get a drag port or at least a dune port aggressive. go with 35mm carbs and advance the timing +4 degrees. go with good pipes also like shearers or cpi's for best performance. dont do the porting yourself let a good reputable engine builder do it because if you mess it up its gunna cost you BIG! just my .02 cents

There's a lot of people who port, choose one. A lot do great work.

You dont need a cooling head. You can get your stock one shaved down.

Stock carbs are fine. However, if you do feel you want to spend money on carbs that you dont need, whoever is porting your engine can tell you what works best with HIS set up.

You wanna keep this bike on pump gas or you willing to run race fuel?

youre off to the right start. i would definitely do the porting first. check out all the site sponsors. i am not sure what they charge for port work. carbs, head and other things can wait until later on. sure, they will aid in performance, but since youre on a budget go with the porting first.

you should run a cool head because it holds more anti freeze so itll run cooler and if your gunna stick with regular gas then go with 22 or 21cc domes. dont have to run into gettin all the stuff i listed at one time but im sayin get it over time when you save up some more money. im creating a good list to start with but go whatever way u wanna lol

just wanted to say another thing because i dont need ne 1 jumpin down my throat. if you do porting your bike will NOT get the best performance with stock carbs no matter wat ne 1 says. your opening up the ports which makes the bike need to be able to breathe more air and the stock carbs will not flow the best. just tellin u the truth bout this i dont need ne 1 tellin me otherwise. stock carbs will work yes but arent your best bet. thats all im sayin

If you want your bike to run at its full potential, send it to one of the site sponsors or someone you know that has ported before.

Ask them what they recommend for a combination.

pipes/carbs/porting/timing/compression etc

Some1 will get you squared away and running hard in no time

good luck

Welcome to the site man. Definantly hit up one of our site sponsors for your port work. When your ready for some other mods, bling, a coolhead or whatever shoot me a pm. I can hook you up with just about anything you need, or want. I leave the engine building to the sponsors that specialize in it. We have some of the best in the business here so take your pick. You cant go wrong. Godd luck. :headbang:

stock carbs will flow more than enough for a stock stroke ported motor.

one of your biggest hindrances are your pipes. they are built by toomey for stock port motors.

depending on wat type of porting he goes with id say maybe not 35's but bigger than stock.

but yea you def need some good pipes that will pull hard