budget front shocks

bansheejoel

Im looking at buying a new set of front shocks for my +2+1 a-arms. Im looking at the Elka "stage 1" or as i know them as the dune edition, works g series triple rate non rez. and the works steelers triple rate non rez. Whats my best bet here?? Thanks

Ive been watching ebay for the last 10 days and there are no used aftermarket banshee shocks. There is an old pair of ohlins for a 88 LT250R with would work, but they are OLD. I still might end up bidding on them since banshee shocks seem to be so scarce.

Fuck that dude...There's a set of good lookin WORKS for $400 obo in for sale section..They look nice..

You have to watch on how you order your shocks. If you order new ones. If you trail ride then you will want to tell them how bad of trail and what not. For the dune ed. They are set up totally different then trail shocks. They have a stiffer first rate spring out of the three. For the trail it is more along the lines of a keeper spring. It keeps the springs from chattering when the arms are fully extended. The valving is totally different as well. The high speed and low speed are set up a little harder then trail riding due to all the sand chop and G-outs in the sand. If you can save up for the adj rez it is well worth it. The Rez add extra oil which aid in better cool and longer shock life.

One thing you need to watch out on used shocks is they can be bent. Most likely will need a rebuild. And shaft guards are great if your one to be riding behind people. I have a buddy that likes to ride on peoples asses and he is shocks started leaking. So we rebuilt/ changed oil and seal head and couldnt get them to seal. Found out after taking a harder look at the shafts that they got pitted from all the rocks and the oil would seep right by the seal head. So all in all. Buy used shocks can work great for you if you know the history. If not, the rebuild cost can hurt you in the long run. I have done alot of R&R with Elka and their shocks. I have them on 5 quads and a rhino. They are great people to work with and will stand behind their product. I have had really bad things to say about Works. They do offer great after market shocks but dont let them rebuild your stock shocks. Their valving is very very different then reg shim stack valving. They do alot of guess work. But they are still better then stock!!! Hands down. Just dont like them.

As loco said. Stick with shocks made for the banshee. other shocks will have different stroke lengths. Which can turn into more wear and tear on your ball joints for ext to much.