28mm mikuni flat slides?

my friends shee breaks up on top end only, heres the mods, coolhead w/19cc domes, 60 over wisecos, +4 timing, toomy T5's, reed spacers w/rad valves, pro flow filter kit, and mikuni 28mm flat slides with, 40 pilot(bottom end and mid is strong), needle positions unknown, and 300 mains. The bike runs very strong except the top end, he usually runs 114 race fuel also but top end

still breaks up. what do you guys think?

Hi Dudes

I ran a RD350 motor (non-pv) in my banshee, 28mm Mikuni's, fmf gold series pipes that was pretty much that, I had heaps of bottom and mid, but power felt as if it dropped off very soon. I ended running 230 mains, it was still a tad rich, cant rem the pilots though, the rest I just played with the needle.

Regards

M

Hi Dudes

I ran a RD350 motor (non-pv) in my banshee, 28mm Mikuni's, fmf gold series pipes that was pretty much that, I had heaps of bottom and mid, but power felt as if it dropped off very soon. I ended running 230 mains, it was still a tad rich, cant rem the pilots though, the rest I just played with the needle.

Regards

M

That dont seem right, are you sure you don't mean 330 main?

541FT above sea level

our mods are some what alike im at same elevation with 27 1/2 pilot and 330 main im a lil fat but pulls like a motha all around , seems like ur pilots big are u runnig a box or open filter? , hows the pluggs look??

Edited by shakar

No jokes, I was running 230 mains. Ran 280 mains in the stock Banshee carbs, put the 280's in the flat slides and the bike would splutter. Even on the dyno, it wouldn't hit the powerband ( would stop at 25hp odd ). We then fitted 260's ( going from the 280's), and still it wouldn't run into the power-band. The guys thought my cdi was shot, that it didn't advance, the one guy suggested pulling off the air-filter and giving it a run then, wham 59hp... Everyone was dumbstruck.

The porting on the RD differs quite a bit from the Banshee, the inlets are smaller too.

My elevation is 4500ft

Somehow I think I was running 22.5 pilots.

Edited by Klaus

No jokes, I was running 230 mains. Ran 280 mains in the stock Banshee carbs, put the 280's in the flat slides and the bike would splutter. Even on the dyno, it wouldn't hit the powerband ( would stop at 25hp odd ). We then fitted 260's ( going from the 280's), and still it wouldn't run into the power-band. The guys thought my cdi was shot, that it didn't advance, the one guy suggested pulling off the air-filter and giving it a run then, wham 59hp... Everyone was dumbstruck.

The porting on the RD differs quite a bit from the Banshee, the inlets are smaller too.

My elevation is 4500ft

Somehow I think I was running 22.5 pilots.

Any idea what nozzles and needles were in it?

Edited by Snopczynski

our mods are some what alike im at same elevation with 27 1/2 pilot and 330 main im a lil fat but pulls like a motha all around , seems like ur pilots big are u runnig a box or open filter? , hows the pluggs look??

this isnt my banshee its my friends, hes also like 265lbs. he runs a open air box and he says plugs are white, maybe too lean?

Do you know what nozzles and needles are in it?

no I dont thats about the only things I dont know, like I said its at my house but its my friends shee not mine.