overheating and top end speed

damoz

i have a 2008 banshee

fmf fattys

280 main jets

stock airbox and uni filter with custom lid

boost bottle

running engine ice coolant

i have 2 problems with it, it overheats very quickly doesnt have blown head gasket or any leaks anywhere ??

and other thing top end speed i can only get a max of 109km out of it??

any advice would be great thanks

i have a 2008 banshee

fmf fattys

280 main jets

stock airbox and uni filter with custom lid

boost bottle

running engine ice coolant

i have 2 problems with it, it overheats very quickly doesnt have blown head gasket or any leaks anywhere ??

and other thing top end speed i can only get a max of 109km out of it??

any advice would be great thanks

What elevation are you at. your main may be a bit small.

If you run your bike without a rad. cap does your coolant circulate when you rev your engine?If not you may need a new impeller if it doesn't circulate very well or if not at all you could need a new gear.(the white plastic one under the clutch cover.

Then your detonating.

hold up now you say your bike overheats very quickly AND it only goes 106km per hour. so your saying your top speed is low WHILE its overheating??

am i the only one here or what.?

if your blasting it down the road while its pissing coolant out all over the place you probably need to up your main but you have probably also hurt something else due to the overreving and overheating. if it over heats just general riding around i BET your water pump OR your radiator has an issue. have you washed your radiator out?

no i have a trailtech fitted to my bike so i watch the temperature and keep it under 100 degrees but the temp only stays down if i ride the bike slow and stay off the revs........but when the temp was down to about 80 degrees i was trying to see how fast i could get it i tryed 3 times over the day of riding and the max speed i could get it up to was 109km