Following my dream

Hey guys.. i want to start off by saying im a 19 year old kid that just bought a 1995 banshee. All that is done to it is a set of toomey tr6 k&n filter jetted and a boost bottle. I am going to be drag racing it ice racing and also running flat track/tt with it. it has works front shocks on it off of a 250x so it is lower and i have extened rear hubs and front wheel spacers comming for it. i Just want to know where i should go with mods.. My cousin had a very fast banshee and he is the one who got me into racing as i watched him win championships. He told me that i should send it to FTZ for all my motor and port work. I saw his dyno run and it made just under eighty horse. I want to know what peoples opinions are on FTZ and any other parts/companies. Im just looking for any info i can get, any little thing is appreciated.

I hear boost bottles are good for an improvised bong in a pinch, but not much else.

Ok well i heard they are good to have on a slightly modded quad but when u start building them more heavily that u shuld get rid of them.....

but thanks for advice

Well first off welcom to the site. 2nd hit up us site sponsors for all your parts, accessories and motor work. We have some of the best in the biz here. We try to use sponsors whenever possible. We all donate to the site to keep it free for you. Welcome to your new addiction and hit me up anytime.

Ok well i heard they are good to have on a slightly modded quad but when u start building them more heavily that u shuld get rid of them.....

but thanks for advice

sorry to say,,,,everyone here will tell you just to ditch the boost bottle. it will do nothing except clutter things up and tear your intake boots. it does nothing at all for performance whether it be stock,slightly modded or heavily modded.....just put your stock crossover tube back on and you''ll be good.

Welcome to the site man...

I also stick to dealing with site sponsors as I am one myself, and it keeps us a tight knit group with great quality parts.

For porting, I am a huge fan of RB racing in Michigan. Small name, great results, fast turnaround time. 517-388-3662

hit up FAST racing for any of your OEM part needs, porting and motor work, etc. He is a great guy that also does great work which many people here will back that up.

Stellar machine and performance for any of your chassis needs. Swingarms, A-Arms, Tie rods nd other similar components.

I hope this doesnt turn into another bosst bottle bash thread... Its just one of those parts that you dont need, bottom line. If you want the best, get a one pices billet intake from FAST that has the built in crossover tube.

Browse the site, you will find everything you need here. Stock with the sponsors and you will be taken care of!

have fun and good luck with your goals :cheers:

Ive said it before, and Ill say it again, the boost bottle does have a use, other than bong related.

When its time for a rebuild, shove it under the motor right beside bolt # 1, and it'll hold your motor right at the correct angle and height for you to start wrenchin!

Ive said it before, and Ill say it again, the boost bottle does have a use, other than bong related.

When its time for a rebuild, shove it under the motor right beside bolt # 1, and it'll hold your motor right at the correct angle and height for you to start wrenchin!

Thanks everyone... I will deffinently talk to the ste sponsors. I also will be ditching the boost bottle because from what i am hearing it will do me nothing at any stage of the build.. I also would like to know what anyone thinks of the Toomey TR6 pipes... Once again thank you