ALLOY BOLTZ KIT

alf44

So i bought the kit off ebay. looked real nice packaged great. Put them on this weekend and 3 of my motor mount bolts snapped. Got five turns into them by hand and they just seized up. Called and left a message and never got a return call. So i called back next day. The lady that answered the phone said well you should have used anti sieze it came with the package. I never saw this note. She asked if i wanted to buy more. Hell no. Basically told me i was stupid and of course stainless bolts will break withoput use of anti seize and couldnt do anything for me.

My recommendation would be to not purchase these bolt kits for 2 reasons. They break and the customer service is very rude and dont care.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i bought the kit off ebay. looked real nice packaged great. Put them on this weekend and 3 of my motor mount bolts snapped. Got five turns into them by hand and they just seized up. Called and left a message and never got a return call. So i called back next day. The lady that answered the phone said well you should have used anti sieze it came with the package. I never saw this note. She asked if i wanted to buy more. Hell no. Basically told me i was stupid and of course stainless bolts will break withoput use of anti seize and couldnt do anything for me.

My recommendation would be to not purchase these bolt kits for 2 reasons. They break and the customer service is very rude and dont care.

Hey Alf, can you post a think to one of their eBay listings? so we know who they are?

Sorry to say it but any stainless bolt with a lock nut will do that, it cold welds itself together unless antiseize or blue loctite is used. I bought the same kit and used antiseize and loctite as instructed and everything went great. I even called them back because I have yfz450 spindles and calipers and they sent me caliper bolts free of charge. Who knows?:confused:

Sorry to hear this bc

I have purchased like 4 of these kits, my friends run them aswell.

I have taken my bikes apart and reassemble a few times a season.. bangheadbanghead

And i use loctite on everything, I haven't broke not one single bolt.

I think these kits are excellent, not a single complaint.

sorry ho hear about your bad experience

I had no problem with my kit. Just make sure you use never seize as stated in the instuctions supplied. I would buy another kit without question. Sorry for your luck alf. Did you call him? he should replace the bolts free of charge as he has for others.

I used locktight. They refused to replacethem and basically sid I'm stupid and to bad. Had to call them twice because they didn't return my first phone call.

I'm not sure where using loc-tite came from but your supposed to use neverseize or any other anti-seizing compound. No need to use loc-tite with nylock nuts anyway. I read back in the day a few people had the same problem but alloybolts are probably sick and tired of the same old thing over and over,people not reading the instructions. It states right in the instruction what to use to avoid this problem. I'm sure loc-tite was not one of the products.

As a matter of fact, when I was installing my shocks, I had all the bolts layed out and coated with neverseize before hand.....or so I thought. I ended up seizing a nut and bolt together. I had to bite the bullet and buy a new nut and bolt myself. I don't expect a refund for a mistake I made. Once again sorry for your luck alf but shit happens.

If it didn't come with instructions, thats a different story.

I told them I honestly do not remember seeing instructions. Still anti seize on a nylon nut. Doesnt seem right. Oh well. live and learn. If I wasnt treated so rude and disrespected the way I was I proly would have let it go. Terribal customer service. I really value that.

Well you have 2 choices...Alloy bolt..or Fastener guy. Those are the only 2 selling kits on ebay. Fastener guy is selling weird size length bolts. I've used both companys in the past. Learned to read instructions after the first time I had your problem. Anti sieze EVERYTHING on your bike that doesn't need Loctite. Never a problen since. I just bought a 114 piece kit today as a matter of fact. ;)

I'm not sure where using loc-tite came from but your supposed to use neverseize or any other anti-seizing compound. No need to use loc-tite with nylock nuts anyway. I read back in the day a few people had the same problem but alloybolts are probably sick and tired of the same old thing over and over,people not reading the instructions. It states right in the instruction what to use to avoid this problem. I'm sure loc-tite was not one of the products.

As a matter of fact, when I was installing my shocks, I had all the bolts layed out and coated with neverseize before hand.....or so I thought. I ended up seizing a nut and bolt together. I had to bite the bullet and buy a new nut and bolt myself. I don't expect a refund for a mistake I made. Once again sorry for your luck alf but shit happens.

If it didn't come with instructions, thats a different story.

Ya it says right on the instructions that any blind hole should have loctite and lock nuts need antiseize. I went out to the garage and checked just because of this thread. I also says that loctite can be used with locknuts its just not necessary, but you have to at least use antiseize on them.

I would have to agree that they are a good kit, however it is a must to use "anti-seize" on stainless fasteners. I had worked in the stainless fabrication industry for several years and we had plenty of anti-seize on hand. Stainless will "gall" very easily with out the stuff especially stainless to stainless fasteners, once they gall, your in trouble.

Mike

We have sold hundreds of these SS bolt kits. Just the nature of the ss bolts especially with nyloc nuts, anti-seize is a must. All of the alloy bolt kits that we get say use anti-sieze in big bold underlined letters right on the instructions. Not sure why she was rude to you but i have had a lot of people with the same problem so dont feel like its just you. If you need new bolts hit me up i keep em in stock.