Grips Won't Stay

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A Jetski is the ultimate grip tester. ODI grips don't usually stay on for long. I have a really great method which is super easy and really works well. I've been doing this for 25 years with no problems. It sounds crazy but cut off the old grips and clean the bars and apply some WD-40 to the inside of the grips (not a lot) and slide em on. Don't touch it for 2 days and they will be bullitproof. Works for twists as well. You couldn't move my grips if you were paid to.

I use 3M Weatherstripping. It's the same as Renthal Grip Clue but you get like 10X as much for a fraction of the price.

Rough up the bar. Put a dab on the end of the grip and twist it on. It's important to rotate the grip the whole time because it spreads the glue out evenly...

Let it dry.

I always put safety wire in the middle of the grip just because....

A Jetski is the ultimate grip tester. ODI grips don't usually stay on for long. I have a really great method which is super easy and really works well. I've been doing this for 25 years with no problems. It sounds crazy but cut off the old grips and clean the bars and apply some WD-40 to the inside of the grips (not a lot) and slide em on. Don't touch it for 2 days and they will be bullitproof. Works for twists as well. You couldn't move my grips if you were paid to.

Don't know why your odi grips are working for ya, they are basically bolted on! I've ran mine for three years with no issues what so ever. Also they are still in like new shape after all that abuse!

I've always used clear polyurethane. I've never had a problem with grips. I guess it's the same as using paint but it's clear...