K&N Filters

Okay here's my question,

I have stock carbs with no air box and clamp on k&n filters (the standard size ones). My friend has stock carbs with no air box and those carb adapters with the huge k&n filters (i think the 8 inch ones).....Is there one that is better than the other? Power? Air Flow..etc?

Okay here's my question,

I have stock carbs with no air box and clamp on k&n filters (the standard size ones). My friend has stock carbs with no air box and those carb adapters with the huge k&n filters (i think the 8 inch ones).....Is there one that is better than the other? Power? Air Flow..etc?

The big filters will flow more air which you may or may not need depending on your setup. The big filters will also go longer between cleanings. The small filters will be less weight hanging on your carbs and will stay on better and not cause any air leaks in your intake tract.

Since you all are on the topic. After putting my pods on I pulled the lid off of my stock airbox just to see how clean the airfilter was, since being a dummy I didn't check it before I bought the bike. Well I discovered the that bike came with a K+N with that aluminum adapter inside the airbox. If I pulled the pods off and ran the airbox setup with no lid and an outerwear on the large K+N would I notice any difference in power. I would actually prefer to run the airbox seeing how I live in Oregon and there is water all over the dunes most of the year.

Since you all are on the topic. After putting my pods on I pulled the lid off of my stock airbox just to see how clean the airfilter was, since being a dummy I didn't check it before I bought the bike. Well I discovered the that bike came with a K+N with that aluminum adapter inside the airbox. If I pulled the pods off and ran the airbox setup with no lid and an outerwear on the large K+N would I notice any difference in power. I would actually prefer to run the airbox seeing how I live in Oregon and there is water all over the dunes most of the year.

You would get max power with pods if you jet for them.You would still have good power with box and no lid with k&n as long as you jet for that set up.I always run pods in Oregon with no problems but i never go wide open through water holes,i only ride on the dunes with my banshee's.

You would get max power with pods if you jet for them.You would still have good power with box and no lid with k&n as long as you jet for that set up.I always run pods in Oregon with no problems but i never go wide open through water holes,i only ride on the dunes with my banshee's.

Thanks for the info. The banshee is only going to be for the dunes. I have a bike and a utility quad to go splash through water with. I guess I will just have to learn to slow the hell down through water.