mull eng. stock milled head

badjetman23

looking for reviews on this head any info would be helpfull looking for power gains

You may also post something in the general or repair forums. Not sure how much traffic comes over here. Hope you find the answers you are looking for.

Brandon

why not just ask mull if they tested this head design against other shop's stock cut heads and how they compared.. what they tested them on and what with, drag, trails, fuel type.? engine power gains?

First off the workmanship is top notch. Power wise I would say its less power than adding pipes and more power than adding timing. If I remember correctly it added 25 pounds of compression to my engine. If your thinking of a cool head just do a search on leaks that why I went with the stock modified head.

if a cool head is leaking it was installed wrong OR was majorly overheated and not replaced and is now warped.. NOW some "cool heads" are a bad design and are prone to mechanically failing.. BUT thats usually only on high hp motors 90+ hp.

the stock head DOES have some advantages in that its structurally stronger BUT the head gasket can still be prone to fail if its pushed to far. thats what i have found over the years.. i would LOVE a stock head thats cut to 68mm bore and o~ringed.. would be a great sleeper head..

if a cool head is leaking it was installed wrong OR was majorly overheated and not replaced and is now warped.. NOW some "cool heads" are a bad design and are prone to mechanically failing.. BUT thats usually only on high hp motors 90+ hp.

the stock head DOES have some advantages in that its structurally stronger BUT the head gasket can still be prone to fail if its pushed to far. thats what i have found over the years.. i would LOVE a stock head thats cut to 68mm bore and o~ringed.. would be a great sleeper head..

We'll do your 68mm bore but not the orings. Gaskets have been working without fail for us for a long time.

B

i have my stock head with the o-ring mod, and obviously milled....i only changed from o rings after 1 year....my mechanic told me the same, that the oem head gasket love to blown...

I won't seek to create an argument over Orings but we are getting read to build a 72mm alky head for a customer. If the gasket holds that, I think they will hold about anything. Only 2mm of sealing surface area around the bore.

I won't seek to create an argument over Orings but we are getting read to build a 72mm alky head for a customer. If the gasket holds that, I think they will hold about anything. Only 2mm of sealing surface area around the bore.

im interested in sending my head to you to get some work done.

how fast of a turn around is it?

im interested in sending my head to you to get some work done.

how fast of a turn around is it?

To be honest, it usually depends on our work load. As of now, we plan to cut heads next week so it will be approx 1 week lead time. Probably cut late in the week.

NOTE: We are NOT offering the 72mm cut until we have some testing completed. We go up to 68mm at this time.

Mull Engineering

To be honest, it usually depends on our work load. As of now, we plan to cut heads next week so it will be approx 1 week lead time. Probably cut late in the week.

NOTE: We are NOT offering the 72mm cut until we have some testing completed. We go up to 68mm at this time.

Mull Engineering

okay, i'm really not in that big of a hurry because my bike is in pieces for paint. lmao i just get impatient and like to show stuff off ha.

thanks i will be contacting you soon