What's a stock 2001 worth? Midwest pricing.

BMP

Hey, new to the forum and looking for a Banshee. I found an 01 that is stone stock, has been well maintained and has very little time on it. It's a typical grandma story, 1 owner, never been crashed or rolled, well maintained . He is pretty firm at $2500. OK deal or not? I have seen several in the area sell for $3000-$4000 that had parts on them but were not in the shape this one is. Thanks for any and all help!

Brad

Edited by BMP

i think anything more than 1800 is too much. 6 years ago my brother bought a stock 2001 in great shape for 1800 bucks. no way they should be any higher than that now. you can find really nice built up banshees for 3-4000.. i wouldnt pay anymore than 1800 for a stock 2001.

here are some links i dug up. banshees are out there you just gotta find them. you could prolly have any of these for 4-500 less than what they are asking.

here is a pretty stock 2002 with pipes and tires for 2200

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/rvs/1693209839.html

2001 with pipes for 2300

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/rvs/1690826007.html

2001 with a bunch of shit for 3000

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/for/1689328554.html

2003 for 2700

http://kansascity.craigslist.org/mcy/1687173254.html

If its completely stock unmolested and untouched and its what you want go for it. If it was me I'd flash the cash in his face and offer him $2000. With that said untouched shees are hard to find so if its in as good of shape as you said its probably not to bad of a deal. Most of what you see out there are the ones some kids been farting around with and bolting and unbolting shit. If possible post up some pics

It all depends on what you want. Do you want a bone stock bike that has not been molested and fucked up that you can setup the way YOU want it? Or can you find a bike that has some or all the mods that you want and you may have to fix a few things on it? Just because a bike has pipes on it, doesn't mean it has the pipes you want or need for your riding style or location, which means you might still have to buy pipes. Also, the price of bikes depends on location, here in the Pacific Northwest Banshee prices seem to be higher than other parts of the country, so your deal seems pretty good to me.

Hey guys! Thanks for the welcome with tons of replys! This is proving to be a GREAT site, sorry, the BEST Banshee site!

I'm actually buying the Banshee for my older daughter to ride. I built an Eton Viper for my youngest daughter last year, Stage6 racing 70cc cylinder, 12mm crank, 24mm carb, Hetrick pipe, etc. Both my girls are all about the two strokes! Damn right! :cheers: I was going to do a Blaster for the oldest but don't really want to do anything with a smaller chassis. She has rode several 400EX's, my nephews 426EX and just rode a LT-R450 for the first time the other day. I was wanting to buy her a Banshee with pipes and other light mods. It's tempting to buy one that's full tilt but that would be too much for her right now. Not for me though! I'm a HP freak! Anyway, the owner of this 01 is a work friend of mine and it's going to be hard to pass up. He will no doubt keep it for any less than $2500. He knows that a one owner, unmolested Banshee is hard to come by. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

Oh, BTW, did anybody on here buy this one? http://dubuque.craigslist.org/mcy/1665181591.html It sold at the asking price. I called on it last week and he said the buyer was floored to see how nice it was. It was bascially new out of the crate.

Thanks again guys!

Brad

Yea, he's a good guy. We worked together for about 10 years and I see him pretty much every day at work. Last time I saw the Banshee we went to a fish fry at his place. Looked really nice. The type of machine you ask the owner if he even rides it. He actually only rides it only a few times a year. I remember when he bought it new in 2002. It still has the original tires and all. Never been over and well maintained. I might as well buy this one for my daughter, pipe it and get a modded one for myself later on.

Thanks again guys!

Brad

I guess I overpaid, I just bought a 03 mostly stock banshee for $3500. But that is in NJ, everything is expensive. It came with a K&N and pro flow, ITP wheels, braided lines two new carbs and a new top end. The bike is immaculate. I am happy with it. Exhaust would have been nice, but I just got done putting on 916's.

I'd say do a completed listing search on Ebay. It'll tell you what stuff SOLD for, not what people are asking. I know here in the Chicago area bikes are mostly stock and the owners seem to think they are worth $2500- $3500. But the only bikes that end up selling are going for @ $1500-$1800. I think a stock or mostly stock machine has LESS value than one with extra aftermarket parts. (I know some think mostly stock means it's in better shape, or has less ride time or wear) But after you buy a set of pipes and change all the stuff you want to customize.... banghead What was the point of buying a stock bike? What STOCK parts do you really want anyway? I picked up a MINT 99' Banshee last October in a trade for a ratted out Honda 400EX. The bike still had an active TORS and the parking brake!! I've never even seen a Banshee that still had those on it. LOL. This bike still had the stock front bumper,un-molested wiring, even the stock rubber style wiring straps on the bars and the frame didn't have any scratches from shoes or boots. Now 6 months later....only 7 parts from the original bike are still part of the bike. ALL the other parts were sold off to pay for and make way for the aftermarket stuff.

I'm not sure about your area, but I'd check you local Craig's List to see what other stuff is listing at in your area. I'd say $1500-$2000 Max,would be my target price.

I have been looking on ebay as well as Craigslist and at the selling prices. There is a stock 01 that is setting at $1325 in Kentucky with a $1500 reserve. I did see an '06 with 450 arms close green at $2500 the other day. Closing prices on Ebay seem to be legit unless someone is running the price for the seller and it does not really sell. For a totally stock machine all I have to go off of is the 2001 that I called on in the link I posted above. It was easily a collector grade machine and sold with extras for $3300. The owner said it didn't last long. Whoever would buy a Banshee and not actually ride the thing is crazy to me!

BTW NADA lists an 01 at a little over $1800 and KBB is at just under $2500. I think getting one for $2000 would be a decent deal, if a guy is looking for a stock machine. There are some really good deals out there on bikes with mods, some with a ton of money put in them, if a guy is willing to travel some.

Brad

I ended up buying the 01 from my work friend. Holy crap it is nice! The tires are worn but the rest is like new. I'll get some pics taken sometime this week. It is all stone stock and has very little time on it. He said he only ran about 15 gallons of fuel through it. No paint is worn except for a slight amount on the bottoms of the a arms. The rest is perfect. The plastic is darned near mint with only one white spot at the edge of one of the rear fenders and around one of the front fender mount holes. He has never put any wrenches to it so all the bolt heads are like new. My daughter freaked out when she saw it and I couldn't keep her off of it till it got dark. The only reason she quit riding was because she has homework to do. :D I am more than pleased.

Brad

Edited by BMP