how to dial in my suspension

SD1026

hook us up with some info bro. what shocks, a arm length, swingarm length, rider weight, type of riding, etc.. we need info!

Ok n/p. We will start with a +2 wicked a arms front fully adjustable dual rate fromt works shocks. Rear shock is re done by works also for a +2 swinger. All suspension is set for 185lbs rider and for trails,dunes and shooting hills. probably label that as recreational. I tested out the suspension and it feels insaine. But the rear is a lil bouncy maybe due to the 22's not sure. The front I have set to the softest setting but I I can see where the shock bottomed out which is a 1/4 inch from the base of the piston is this normal or too soft.

When you say that your front shocks are fully adj. Do they have rebound as well?

Some shocks when you dick with rebound they will mess with the compression speed. When you start setting up and tuning in your shocks you need to remember that some shocks can take up to 30mins to warm up. Also you will want to bottom out at least once to make sure your using full range of the shocks.

I start with my compression and rebound in the middle for starting points.

If the rebound is to fast the quad will want to buck. If it is to slow, then the quad will case its self. IE bottoming out.

If the compression is to soft. You will bottom out on little stuff and will have alot of body role. If it is to hard. Well you will know. It will be stiff and feel like there is no give.

Make sure you set the tire psi to what ever you ride at before tuning. Having to much will seem like its stiff. And low will cause the squishy feeling.

I tune my bikes depending on who will be riding them and their riding style and what grounds we will be riding on. If im just riding the dune I keep them kind of stiff because I like to jump and do some big ass bowls with the G outs. If im riding dirt trials I soften them up for a nice soft ride. But once you get a feel for tuning your shocks in. It will be easy for you to tell what is going on.

Just take your time and make small adj. Unless they are way out of then I start turning them 2-3 at a time.

So in time you will get the quad to float over everything.

I had bad luck with works. So keep a feel on your shocks rez's If they are getting hot, then you need to call them ASAP and have them put in some oil with a higher viscosity. I know Elka sends their stuff out with what they call 2.5wt. I know just run redline light weight 5wt.