Extreme YFZ conversion

yamaholic125

ok so i am going to do another YFZ conversion.

well this time im thinking of getting a +2" long travel yfz leager kit (we have one in stock at the shop)

the YFZ long travel will put the shee at 3" wider per side...

has any one done this? or what do you all think of this idea?

ok so i measured it out today...with the YFZ longtravel arms the banshee's over all width would be 49.8" wide...

a factory 2010 YFZ 450R is 48.8" wide

if you thing of it the banshee with YFZ LT arms isnt outragous..only 1" wider than a yfz 450R

the only down side (by my calculations) is that one would have to run shock which measure some 20" long!!!! thats a serious shock..

If i were going to go that route,i would just go with a pro trax type front end..Although the Yfz conversion has become popular,i feel the handling and suspension sucks.

When atvs are designed the geometry of all the components are taken into consideration,you can't just throw anything on there and assume that because it fits..it will work.

I did not jump on the yfz conversion bandwagon,but a few of my friends did and now they regret not investing in some a arms and shocks that would have better fit there application

I'm here to tell you first hand, the yfz conversion is not a good investment. I have had stock, +2+1, Full YFZ Conversion and now I'm back to +2+1. The yfz arms and spindles suck.... I kept the yfz brakes and added the shocks to my +2+1 suspension and it works great. But as far as adding YFZ arms, I wouldn't invest money into it.

C'mon guys.. Your killing the value of my YFZ shocks that I'm trying to sell!! The YFZ conversion is the best thing since sliced bread!! lol No.. I agree with you guys.. I think the YFZ conversion is a bad idea too..

But..

I got Mint YFZ shocks.. Very little time on them and have had shock wears on them since it left the dealer!

$350 to your door!