Pilot Too Big?

dude just swap the slides i had this same problem. the 1/2 moon towards the air filter. and ur bansghee will idle again.. u set ur idle screws and ur not pushing agaiunst any ramp... beware u havent strip the threads....

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No there hitting the ramp but there 180 out. Damn I thought that a while back but I thought I read the flat side to air filter. No biggie I will swap them. Damn thing should scream now. Whoever worked on damn thing was a moron before. No idle kit, slides in backwards. NICE WOW can't wait to swap them. Should I go ahead and leave the 27.5 in then?

You can see the air gap in the video, which is from the beveled edge.... The bevel side of the round slides, goes towards the air filter side.... the flat side towards the

engine.... You just need to swap them, and you"ll be good....

If you can get a high rev from the air screws then you have the right pilots. But if your more then 3+ turns out on the air screws. I would just put the 25's back in. Also, if you dont have your carbs synced. You will have a shitttttty time trying to tune your bike in for down low.

Yep just pulled them apart and there swapped. Can I just swap the cap with the slide and all over to the other carb? I did that and it's right but it isn't seating all the way. They probably adjusted the cable up when they had them in backwards? So I can just swap the cap w/ slide around and adjust cable so it seats then sync them and go from there?

Well that fixed alot of it. Throttle alot crisper now. Looks like I have an exhaust leak where the head pipe meets cylinder. Got some oil that seems to be seeping out. Is there an oring in there? Also noticed quad was rattling quite a bit. I look and the left side motor mount bolts are missing LOL. It has a slight hesitation still from 0 throttle. Going richer makes it worse and i'm already about 2.5 turns out i think, have to count exactly cuz I was just tinkering with it. With a 13 or 14T sprocket thing will be hard to tame. Gonna put new plugs in and let it idle see how they look.

Messed around trying to fine tune it some more today. Seems the leaner I go on the air screw the better. I am around 2 1/4 out. The thing is that every now and again the damn thing wants to revv up and act like its running lean. I did notice that the intake boot has a small tear but can't tell if it goes clear through for air to enter. I rode around for a little bit and the plug still shows it to be a little rich. Should I continue going out on the air screw?

The air screw will only effect the 0-1/4 throttle. It will be hard to tune in if the carbs aren't synced. If ur still having probs try leaning out the needles one clip. Also make sure that the slides are cleaned and free of any oil/dirt. Or the slides will want to stick once in some times.

Are you serious? The flat side is facing the air filter and the half moon bevel is facing the engine. WTF so dumbasses that messed with it before put them in wrong carbs?

Anyone have a pic of what it's supposed to look like?

post-35611-12710277761668_thumb.jpg