Top end rebuild

Hey guys it's time for a new top end and i was looking at some kits on ebay, and my friend showed me this kit that is mad for 1mm over my motor is stock will this work with out having to bore or any of that stuff, or what size do i need for my motor?

Hey guys it's time for a new top end and i was looking at some kits on ebay, and my friend showed me this kit that is mad for 1mm over my motor is stock will this work with out having to bore or any of that stuff, or what size do i need for my motor?

You will have to get your cylinders bored to match the pistons. If you are on the stock size bore and are going to buy pistons for it without getting it bored then you will need to buy cast pistons, because your banshee came with cast and the piston to cylinder wall clearance is different between cast and forged pistons. If you are getting it bored then i would by forged pistons. If your cylinders are scored up or egg shaped or tapered then you will need it bored. I would rather get it bored if it were mine so i could run the forged pistons.

You will have to get your cylinders bored to match the pistons. If you are on the stock size bore and are going to buy pistons for it without getting it bored then you will need to buy cast pistons, because your banshee came with cast and the piston to cylinder wall clearance is different between cast and forged pistons. If you are getting it bored then i would by forged pistons. If your cylinders are scored up or egg shaped or tapered then you will need it bored. I would rather get it bored if it were mine so i could run the forged pistons.

ok i dont wanna have to get it bored i just wanna get the kit for stock and throw it in. but im looking on ebay and it says like rebuild kit .5 mm like wut size over is for stock?

and how much should one of these kits run for?

why spend money on pistons u allready got? if urs r good in in spec just change the rings out and call it a day and put the money into a go faster mod :confused:

i would not but rings for a stock piston for a rebuild.get it bored with forged pistons and dont worry about it.then if u wanted after a year or 2 to freshen uo you could re-ring a forged piston in good shape with new top end bearings,but why waste time with old cast pistons that could let go and cause catastrophy.i wouldnt but thats me.like fire said,if its eggshaped,and if its alittle older its likely to be that way.have piece of mind and do it right with forged and a bore and ride the fuck out...or ride it till it has no compression to make you need to move your feet on it,if it still has good power and you are low on money,ride it.im thinking since you said its time tho the compression is low,otherwise it would be a waste of money..

i would not but rings for a stock piston for a rebuild.get it bored with forged pistons and dont worry about it.then if u wanted after a year or 2 to freshen uo you could re-ring a forged piston in good shape with new top end bearings,but why waste time with old cast pistons that could let go and cause catastrophy.i wouldnt but thats me.like fire said,if its eggshaped,and if its alittle older its likely to be that way.have piece of mind and do it right with forged and a bore and ride the fuck out...or ride it till it has no compression to make you need to move your feet on it,if it still has good power and you are low on money,ride it.im thinking since you said its time tho the compression is low,otherwise it would be a waste of money..

its still runs and everything but i have a friend whose shee runs great and mine doesn't ride as good as his so i thought i would get the a rebuild kit but i dont know a whole lot about piston sizes and boring and everything like that. when i bought it i knew nothing and got ripped off on it and now the guy i bought it from wont respond to me wen i ask him about it. he told me he blew it up a year 2 years ago and got it rebuilt and he said its all modded. i think he just told me that to make me wanna buy it more. so now i need a rebuild and idk wut size everything is. so i think i will get it bored but wut size should i get it and lf i do get it bored i see all these kits on ebay and they say .75, 1mm .50 over, so i dont know which one to get

its still runs and everything but i have a friend whose shee runs great and mine doesn't ride as good as his so i thought i would get the a rebuild kit but i dont know a whole lot about piston sizes and boring and everything like that. when i bought it i knew nothing and got ripped off on it and now the guy i bought it from wont respond to me wen i ask him about it. he told me he blew it up a year 2 years ago and got it rebuilt and he said its all modded. i think he just told me that to make me wanna buy it more. so now i need a rebuild and idk wut size everything is. so i think i will get it bored but wut size should i get it and lf i do get it bored i see all these kits on ebay and they say .75, 1mm .50 over, so i dont know which one to get

You should have a machine shop look at your cylinders and they would be able to tell you how far you need to bore it out to clean up your cylinders. You want to bore out your cylinder just enough to clean up the bore and make it look like new. The cylinders start at 64mm with a factory bore and you can bore them up to 66.50mm. So 1mm over would be a 65mm bore. So if you had a gouge in your cylinder 1mm deep thats how far you would bore it.

You should have a machine shop look at your cylinders and they would be able to tell you how far you need to bore it out to clean up your cylinders. You want to bore out your cylinder just enough to clean up the bore and make it look like new. The cylinders start at 64mm with a factory bore and you can bore them up to 66.50mm. So 1mm over would be a 65mm bore. So if you had a gouge in your cylinder 1mm deep thats how far you would bore it.

thats what im looking for thanks!

and when i bore it out does it give me more cc's?