Good idea ?

Good mods  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Go with k&n's over uni's unless you really got your heart set on them.

Pick up an adjustable timing plate as well. Good performance bolt on for the price.

You can pick up some 30mm oko carbs on ebay for a good price and they perform well. I had them on my bike and she ran hard.

I've used both chariot and noss heads and they both perform great so either one is a good choice. And they use the stock head bolts.

T5's are great pipes and very popular. If you find a set of pro circuit platinums don't be afraid to pick them up. I had them on my trail shee and they ripped and sound great.

And for porting any site sponsor knows what they are doing and can make you shit yourself by just porting them.

I would go with some pro circuit platinum pipes over the T5s.

MX port

Cool head with 20cc domes

Timing plate

Save your money on carbs, stock carbs would work great on this motor.

To make it a good trail/mx bike, you will need to spend some money on suspension.

+2+1 a arms

-1 round house swinger

450 shocks work pretty good for budget shocks, if you can afford Elkas, go with them.

AC blackline propeg nerf bars

I think that's a great setup. Just make sure when you get a cool head you get domes you can still run pump gas with unless you wanna run race gas. Also bump the timing up +4 you can even mod your stock stator so you don't have to buy a timing plate. I love T5's for trails. I ride sand trails at the dunes and they got just enough low end to not stall but a mid-top that will have you clenching your buttcheeks purdy tight! Also go with K&N instead of UNI. As for porting, any of our site sponsors will hook you up right just let them know what pipes you plan on running and what type of riding you're going to do and whatnot. Just pick whoever's closest IMO. Hope this helps.

Kyle

I would go with some pro circuit platinum pipes over the T5s.

MX port

Cool head with 20cc domes

Timing plate

Save your money on carbs, stock carbs would work great on this motor.

To make it a good trail/mx bike, you will need to spend some money on suspension.

+2+1 a arms

-1 round house swinger

450 shocks work pretty good for budget shocks, if you can afford Elkas, go with them.

AC blackline propeg nerf bars

.....been thinkin of a setup like what your describing... can you run a mx port job with 20cc domes and +4 timing on pump gas (premium)? what about with FMF Fatties on it? and would it make enough power to worry about having to get the crank welded and larger carb bowls for the stock carbs to keep them from running dry?? :confused:

.....been thinkin of a setup like what your describing... can you run a mx port job with 20cc domes and +4 timing on pump gas (premium)? what about with FMF Fatties on it? and would it make enough power to worry about having to get the crank welded and larger carb bowls for the stock carbs to keep them from running dry?? :confused:

ALL modded Banshees should have the crank welded, I have seen bikes with nothing more than pipes and paddles have the crank let go. I have never seen a stock carb have a problem with the stock bowls running dry as long as the tank vent and petcock were working properly. My stock 26 mm carbs are bored to 28mm and work great, plus I have the advantage of being able to use stock parts that are available at any good dealer when I am on a trip. Fattys make their power at just a hair lower RPM than T5s.

Ok i the reason i want to go with unis is i have one on my blaster and i love it . my dad has a k&n and it lets more debris in his engine. Also i am at about 1100 feet above sea level to run on premium pump gas what size domes should i get ?If tempature matters it is 80 in summer down to 25 in the winter (pittsburgh pa ) I think i will go with the t5s as i have heard almost nothing bad about them . If i get an after market crank like a hot rod or vitos etc. will it be welded ? Thanks for your help guys ! :cheers:

ALL modded Banshees should have the crank welded, I have seen bikes with nothing more than pipes and paddles have the crank let go. I have never seen a stock carb have a problem with the stock bowls running dry as long as the tank vent and petcock were working properly. My stock 26 mm carbs are bored to 28mm and work great, plus I have the advantage of being able to use stock parts that are available at any good dealer when I am on a trip. Fattys make their power at just a hair lower RPM than T5s.

and i have a bad bad feeling your gonna tell me that the only way to tell if you have a welded and trued crank is to split the cases right??? banghead

Ok i the reason i want to go with unis is i have one on my blaster and i love it . my dad has a k&n and it lets more debris in his engine. Also i am at about 1100 feet above sea level to run on premium pump gas what size domes should i get ?If tempature matters it is 80 in summer down to 25 in the winter (pittsburgh pa ) I think i will go with the t5s as i have heard almost nothing bad about them . If i get an after market crank like a hot rod or vitos etc. will it be welded ? Thanks for your help guys ! :cheers:

If you order a crank from HotRods directly, you can request that it be welded and pay extra for it. I am not positive, but I believe that Vito's cranks come welded, if not then you can option it from them also. I would recomend a Hot Rods ubit over Vito's, if you find a smoking deal on it from somebody, you can always get it trued and welded locally f0 $50 to $100. Beware though that there are some scammers that are selling Hot Rods cranks on Ebay that are not really Hot Rods. They show a Hot Rods crank in the auction pictures, but what they actually ship to you is not a genuine Hot Rods crank.

Also, a properly oiled K&N filter with an Outerwears on it will not let anything into your engine that will damage it. Some people claim a foam filter is better in the dirt, but I have seen granules of sand actually work their way through the pores in the foam, that is why if you ride sand you should always use a K&N.