New Banshee owner

Hey Gang, new Banshee owner here and first post to the board. I have wanted a Banshee since I was in high school and 20 years later I finally got one. I had a chance to buy one many years ago and passed and have regretted it ever since. I winded up buying a 2003, black and yellow, completely stock, does not even have pipes, the bike is almost in new condition, I looked at quit a few, but this Banshee is super clean!!! I knew it was the one as soon as the previous owner opened the garage. I have a few questions if anyone can answer and the first is premix oil, what to use? My kid races a Yamaha YZ 85 and we use AMSOIL HP Injector oil. It is not my first choice, but my dealer swears by it and he said this is all I should use. I would like to run the same oil in the shee, does anyone run HP injector oil in the Banshee? if not, what oil is best. The previous owner used Klotz castor oil with Benol and I just don't like it, I don't think this is the oil to use on a stock motor, is it ok to switch the oil even though the previous owner has been using the Klotz since he bought it? or should I just stick with it?

I also want a set of pipes and silencers. I really like the Toomy T 6's and I like the DMC Aliens any advice on either of these? I really like the sound of the T 6's, they look good too. Well if anyone can help I will appreciate it, I will put up a pic of the bike when it gets back from the shop, I put the Banshee in for a complete tune up and to get it all synced up, I am hoping to be riding this weekend. Thanks for any help

Hey Gang, new Banshee owner here and first post to the board. I have wanted a Banshee since I was in high school and 20 years later I finally got one. I had a chance to buy one many years ago and passed and have regretted it ever since. I winded up buying a 2003, black and yellow, completely stock, does not even have pipes, the bike is almost in new condition, I looked at quit a few, but this Banshee is super clean!!! I knew it was the one as soon as the previous owner opened the garage. I have a few questions if anyone can answer and the first is premix oil, what to use? My kid races a Yamaha YZ 85 and we use AMSOIL HP Injector oil. It is not my first choice, but my dealer swears by it and he said this is all I should use. I would like to run the same oil in the shee, does anyone run HP injector oil in the Banshee? if not, what oil is best. The previous owner used Klotz castor oil with Benol and I just don't like it, I don't think this is the oil to use on a stock motor, is it ok to switch the oil even though the previous owner has been using the Klotz since he bought it? or should I just stick with it?

I also want a set of pipes and silencers. I really like the Toomy T 6's and I like the DMC Aliens any advice on either of these? I really like the sound of the T 6's, they look good too. Well if anyone can help I will appreciate it, I will put up a pic of the bike when it gets back from the shop, I put the Banshee in for a complete tune up and to get it all synced up, I am hoping to be riding this weekend. Thanks for any help

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!.....................ive had my Banshee now for ten years and will never let it go, i own 4 ATVs and out of the 4 my Banshee is the only safe one lol.......most people like me keep their Banshees or come back to one sooner or later theres nothing like the feel of a Banshee!!!!!!!!! Good Luck wit her be safe have fun!!!.............................i wouldnt use Castor (bean oil) unless u have compression and use race gas it has a tendancy to gum up when used with regular gas, seems to burn clean when mixed with race gas

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!.....................ive had my Banshee now for ten years and will never let it go, i own 4 ATVs and out of the 4 my Banshee is the only safe one lol.......most people like me keep their Banshees or come back to one sooner or later theres nothing like the feel of a Banshee!!!!!!!!! Good Luck wit her be safe have fun!!!.............................i wouldnt use Castor (bean oil) unless u have compression and use race gas it has a tendancy to gum up when used with regular gas, seems to burn clean when mixed with race gas

Thanks man, I also have a 09 Suzuki LTZ-400. It is fuel injected and I put a HMF pipe and PC5 on it. It is a great bike and I have allot of fun on it, but it is no Banshee!!. Nice Stang BTW, I am a Ford guy 2.

you have owned your banshee for 10 years and this is your 2nd post,where ya been? :D welcome fella's.

you have owned your banshee for 10 years and this is your 2nd post,where ya been? :D welcome fella's.

HA HA!! i never knew of this site......im a total mustang Foxbody freik most of my time is on mustang forums and drag racing besides fishing too i have a 18 foot bass boat wish i had more time but i will be doing alot of riding now that im freshning up my Banshee

Ive been thru quite a few top ends with Banshees i would only run 32:1 and i ran been oil thru a whole top end and that was the worst i ever saw a top end look coming apart but i also ran thru a top end cycle with been oil highly modded with race gas and the top end look ok

Ive been thru quite a few top ends with Banshees i would only run 32:1 and i ran bean oil thru a whole top end and that was the worst i ever saw a top end look coming apart but i also ran thru a top end cycle with bean oil highly modded with race gas and the top end look ok

if your gonna keep the bike mostly stock,,,t6's are a good choice,,,if you plan on porting and carbs, reeds, adjustable timing plate,,coolhead,,etc. toomey t5's respond much better to higher mods,,,i'd go with the t5's personally,,,,i run klotz super techniplate,,burns clean,,,doesnt smoke and smells super great,,,i also ran belray for many years without ever loosing a topend

if your gonna keep the bike mostly stock,,,t6's are a good choice,,,if you plan on porting and carbs, reeds, adjustable timing plate,,coolhead,,etc. toomey t5's respond much better to higher mods,,,i'd go with the t5's personally,,,,i run klotz super techniplate,,burns clean,,,doesnt smoke and smells super great,,,i also ran belray for many years without ever loosing a topend

DO NOT RUN INJECTOR OIL IN A BANSHEE. I used to run Benol my Banshees, but I had problems with carbon buildup on the piston and rings in my wife's bike. I switch to the Klotz R50 oil and have had no problems since. I run it at 40:1, that is a 1 pint bottle to 5 gallons of gas. I have used this for 15 years and had no problems, I've never lost a crank with it and my top ends last a long time. R50 is pure synthetic and the Supertechniplate is synthetic with a little Benol in it, both are good oil. Alot of guys swear by Amsoil, but you have to find a dealer for it. With Klotz, you can walk into most any bike shop and get it. You can switch if you want just run the tank and carbs dry before you put the new stuff in. I also recomend the Klotz Flex Drive 30(part numberKL506) for the transmission- my bike shifts better with it than anything else, there is never any "glitter" in the oil when I drain it, and I have had no failures with any bearings, gears, or even a clutch ball welding itself to the pushrod using it. T6s are OK if you intend to do NOTHING else to the bike, T5s would be a much better pipe if you intend to do more mods down the road. You may not think you are going to do more down the road, but sooner or later everbody does more to their Banshee.

DO NOT RUN INJECTOR OIL IN A BANSHEE. I used to run Benol my Banshees, but I had problems with carbon buildup on the piston and rings in my wife's bike. I switch to the Klotz R50 oil and have had no problems since. I run it at 40:1, that is a 1 pint bottle to 5 gallons of gas. I have used this for 15 years and had no problems, I've never lost a crank with it and my top ends last a long time. R50 is pure synthetic and the Supertechniplate is synthetic with a little Benol in it, both are good oil. Alot of guys swear by Amsoil, but you have to find a dealer for it. With Klotz, you can walk into most any bike shop and get it. You can switch if you want just run the tank and carbs dry before you put the new stuff in. I also recomend the Klotz Flex Drive 30(part numberKL506) for the transmission- my bike shifts better with it than anything else, there is never any "glitter" in the oil when I drain it, and I have had no failures with any bearings, gears, or even a clutch ball welding itself to the pushrod using it. T6s are OK if you intend to do NOTHING else to the bike, T5s would be a much better pipe if you intend to do more mods down the road. You may not think you are going to do more down the road, but sooner or later everbody does more to their Banshee.

belray mc1 is not injecter oil,,,the hc1 is,,,,if you were refering to me

I have been very leery of the AMSOIL HP Injector oil, but again my dealer swears up and down as well as all his mechanics, they all use this in there 2 strokes, he said when you strip down a 2 stroke there is no white ash or residue in the engine? I have written to AMSOIL and they suggested the Interceptor over the HP injector. Like I said we run the Injector Hp in our YZ85 and so far no problems at 50:1. I am really new to owning 2 strokes, i have ridden lots but I have always owned 4 strokes. The only 2 stroke I have every owned was a Honda Odyssey, thing was great, I always got to ride allot of cool bikes back in the day because eveyone alway wanted to ride my Odyssey.

I have been looking at the R50, I think this is going to be the oil that I use, that is if I can find it, I have heard lots of Banshee owners use it and say it works well for them. Do you think that it will be OK to run the R50 in the YZ 85? We race the bike in a Enduro, I think we should be using something a little different, but again my dealer said 50:1 Hp injector.

Thanks for all the replies guys, everyone seems really cool on this site!!