cut down the harness

SD1026

i cut mine down, if you dont want lights all you need is the plug to the cdi, the two coil wires, and the two wires for the key..

i used the wiring diagram in the manual to figure it all out..

ill look later and get the colors of the wires for you, what year do you have?

chris

im going to be doign this as well...and soon, ive got wires hangin and shit...it needs to be cleaned up. gettin ride of the key wiring, and tors. if i could find a cheap clean wiring harness id just buy a new one and swap it out

• Like 1

The two wires that go to the key have to be spliced together, every thing else can just be unplugged- the TORS, headlights taillight, brakelight if you have it, even the switch on the left handlebar can just be unplugged. If you wanted to, you could splice the key switch wires at the harness side of the CDI plug in the rear to get rid of more wires. Just get a wiring diagram and see what wires go where and what you want to get rid of.

This is what I use...

That is great except if you are not running headlights or taillights then you can leave the yellow wire coming out if the stator onhooked and do away with it and the voltage regulator also. That opens the circuit in the lighting side so the voltage regulator is not needed. With the yellow wire unhooked, and the lighting circuit open, it is reducing parasitic drag on the engine, it is just like putting a switch in the alternator field wire on a drag car.