NO Start NO spark

My dad took my 99 banshee for a ride this past weekend and the throttle stuck wide open on him, he managed to shut it down with the kill switch, but it wont start at all now. I thought maybe the carbs were dirty cause my air filter needed changed, so i tore down the carbs and cleaned them and checked the floats and jets and theyre all good and clean, but it still doesnt start. i noticed i have no spark now either, any suggestions? i cant figure out what is wrong. I have the TORS still on it, would it run if i got the kit and removed them? im runnin out of ideas, please help. Thanks!

My dad took my 99 banshee for a ride this past weekend and the throttle stuck wide open on him, he managed to shut it down with the kill switch, but it wont start at all now. I thought maybe the carbs were dirty cause my air filter needed changed, so i tore down the carbs and cleaned them and checked the floats and jets and theyre all good and clean, but it still doesnt start. i noticed i have no spark now either, any suggestions? i cant figure out what is wrong. I have the TORS still on it, would it run if i got the kit and removed them? im runnin out of ideas, please help. Thanks!

did you check amd clean all your connections. im not too familiar with the tors but i dont know if they would affect spark.

did you check amd clean all your connections. im not too familiar with the tors but i dont know if they would affect spark.

yes i checked all the wires and connectors and they all look good. this thing is just giving me the worst headache over this lol. i read something about the stator and coil? where are they located and how can i check them?

yes i checked all the wires and connectors and they all look good. this thing is just giving me the worst headache over this lol. i read something about the stator and coil? where are they located and how can i check them?

If you are asking where these are at, then the first thing you need to do is get a manual, and read the trouble shooting section. Did you unwrap your wire harness and actually look at each individual wire? There are multiple threads on here about weak or no spark, use the search and read them. You will need to use an ohmmeter to check your stator and coil per the manual. You will also need to check your pickup coil with the ohmmeter and then also check the pickup coil air gap. I don't know about the Clymers manual, but the Yamaha manual has a flow chart to trouble shoot a "no spark" problem. there is also a pinned document on here in the technical info section on the electrical system that will help you learn about how your bike works.

The TORS will definitely affect the spark, it's purpose is to kill the spark when your throttle slides stick, it is not a rev limiter in any way. The only rev limiter is the one tied to the park brake. However the TORS is notorius for going bad and not letting the bike run at all.

The TORS will definitely affect the spark, it's purpose is to kill the spark when your throttle slides stick, it is not a rev limiter in any way. The only rev limiter is the one tied to the park brake. However the TORS is notorius for going bad and not letting the bike run at all.

Thanks so much. I will def get a manual and im going to buy the removal kit for the TORS. hopefully thats all thats wrong with it lol. thanks again! if anyone else has any suggestions or opinions they are welcomed and greatly appreciated!!

good to know learn somethig new everyday.