CDI Ignition

if you get an aftermarket cdi i'd go with a ricks hotshot by rick's motorsport electrics. I'm not sure if it is better than oem but I used it to replace my cdi that had gone bad and so far i love it. stay away from ricky stator stuff. ive personally never used any ricky stator stuff but i hear its junk.

Is there any benefit to upgrading the CDI ignition? I already have an adjustable timing plate at +4. If so, what are the ones to buy/stay away from? If you upgrade the CDI, do you also need to upgrade the coil and stator? I appreciate any ifo you can give.

I love my stock ignition with a timing plate, no worries B)

I had to buy a Rick's box when my stocker failed on a trip to St. Anthonys, it was all I could get. I rode it for 2 days in Idaho, came home and the bike sat for 5 weeks and then on a day trip to Sand Lake it gave me problems when the bike came off the trailer and by the end of the day it quite completely. After a major hassle with them I finally got them to warranty it and now I just carry it as a spare. Either stay with OEM or DYNA for a CDI box. For a coil I would stay OEM or else Nology or DYNA. For a stator, I would ONLY go with an OEM, all the high wattage staors are only hotter on the lighting circuit, the ignition side is the same as stock. There is a hop up ignition from MSD and there is also the PVL system, but I think those are aimed at the drag race guys.