vito's big bore cylinder kit

i have done some research, and have tried to find all the info i could on this kit. but i havent found anyone with an honest opinion that has actually run it. just wondering if this kit would be worth it, or just have my cylinders ported by one of the sponcers. i just want some more usable power, i have a dune/trail port on my one banshee now. have some tax return money i would like to spend. always wanted to try a big bore kit. couple guys say these cylinders are better than stock, but they could use a little clean up for even more power out of the vitos. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-BIG-BORE-STOCK-STROKE-CYLINDER-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem19b835a75fQQitemZ110464706399QQptZMotorsQ5fATVQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

I'm not sure about for the Banshee but my little brother runs their 240 kit on his Blaster and it made it wicked fast for a Blaster. You can really feel the mid-top end pull with that and the Vito's Fat Bastard pipe and a 35mm PWK air stryker. I will be getting these cylinders for my Shee eventually and yes if you get these and send them out for additional porting you can get even more power out of them.

I had the Vitos 404 kit on my banshee. It was new sleeves and pistons. It ran pretty good. And it was reliable. Never had a problem and they have been on the banshee for like 5 years. I use to ride it all the time, but that slowed down when I got my RM. The banshee still runs strong to this day and fires up in at least 3 kicks.

First off no offense to motoman,but i test rode thier banshee,and it does run good,but not worth the money in my opinion,not really much faster than a mildly modded stocker.

The vitos kit is 5-600 bucks,for 600 bucks you could do a top end rebuild with some porting and it would run right with it.

They add a lot of displacement but dont add much porting. I called vitos when i saw how cheap thier kit was,and I asked him about what exhaust duration and port duration and blow down that thier big bore cylinders run and he just said it needs drag pipes. So i was like you mean drag like 194-196 exhaust duration or higher?

He just explained basicaly nothing to me for like 2 miunutes,and i got off the phone with him convinced that he just didnt want to say they dont do shit for porting on them.

Here is the REAL deal on these cyls. We just put a motor together with the Vito 421cc cyls and 4mm crank. The customer brought these to us and had us assemble it with NO porting. The bike has CPIs, stock carbs, and all the other bolt ons. He dynoed it at LS dyno and it made 65hp. Come on guys, this is a 421cc 4mm crank. OUR lil Play port motors with same setup easily make 65hp range with stock stroke! Our 4mm crank Play ports put MUCH more!! :shootself:

Here is the REAL deal on these cyls. We just put a motor together with the Vito 421cc cyls and 4mm crank. The customer brought these to us and had us assemble it with NO porting. The bike has CPIs, stock carbs, and all the other bolt ons. He dynoed it at LS dyno and it made 65hp. Come on guys, this is a 421cc 4mm crank. OUR lil Play port motors with same setup easily make 65hp range with stock stroke! Our 4mm crank Play ports put MUCH more!! :shootself:

but what was the down low power like?

Dont remember the trq # but i thought it was less than/or same as our 350 Play port. I will try and ask the guy.

Dont remember the trq # but i thought it was less than/or same as our 350 Play port. I will try and ask the guy.

fast- have you guys ever did any porting on these kits? if the guy had you guys put it together with no porting, maybe if i had you guys port it, it could make some better numbers? i read that there cylinder kit need some additional port work. i run cpi pipes, about 140 psi comp. and +4 timing. stock carbs. ported reed cages with boysen reeds. my set up now is fresh with stock cylinders. head shaved to get 140 psi. what port work would you guys recomend for the most power without sacrifising reliabitly on my stock cylinders if the big bore kit isn't worth it? thanks.

Havent done any Vito's cyls yet but looks like it may be coming soon. All of our motors are reliable but the Play/Dune port is our most sought after and popular.

The Vitos cylinders are the best for the buck IMO.

If you take the time to look at the transfer tunnels ..you would realize where the power is hidden.After some work on the transfer tunnels it pulled just over 80 hp with cpi and 35 pwks... cleaning the transfer tunnels up is a helluva lot easier and cheaper than a full port.

2 brand new cylinders with pistons,gaskets and studs..VS buying a piston kit for 200 bucks,then paying for a port job 300 and shipping 20-30.Your already over 500.

I along with some of my friends run these cylinder and love them.Are they the best for drag..obviously not compared to a monoblock,but are they worth 599.00.Definitely

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/YAMAHA-BANSHEE-BIG-BORE-CYLINDERS_W0QQitemZ110477372754QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ATV_Parts_Accessories?hash=item19b8f6ed52

I think I would spring the extra 200 bucks and get a cub cylinder and be at 90 hp out of the box with no porting.

i dont drag race. i just want something over my dune/trail port i have now on my one bike. alot of guys have told me the cubs arent the best for over all riding. there more for drag? and for 800, thats only for the cub cylinders not a kit with pistons ect is it?

i dont drag race. i just want something over my dune/trail port i have now on my one bike. alot of guys have told me the cubs arent the best for over all riding. there more for drag? and for 800, thats only for the cub cylinders not a kit with pistons ect is it?

Your right cubs are not the best for general riding. So nethire is a stock cylinder that is ported for drag racing. People get caught up in HP numbers. On a 2 stroke if you want more hp, then the power is going to be higher in the RPM's and it will have a narrower power band. You cant get something for nothing. If you want top end then you give up bottom end. There is no MAGICAL cylinder out there that will have the torque of a tractor and the top end of a Cub.

A 4mill stroker crank helps out this delima. It gains are in the mid range. So you can build a machine with an awesome mid range. Or you can give up some of the mid range in exchange for top end, and still have a better mid range than with a stock stroke crank, and more top end to boot. It helps in your quest to have the best of both worlds.

I would go for a FAST Dune / Play port. One builders Trail port could be another Builder's dune port. That is why it is important to do buisness with some one who knows what they are doing.

First off no offense to motoman,but i test rode thier banshee,and it does run good,but not worth the money in my opinion,not really much faster than a mildly modded stocker.

The vitos kit is 5-600 bucks,for 600 bucks you could do a top end rebuild with some porting and it would run right with it.

They add a lot of displacement but dont add much porting. I called vitos when i saw how cheap thier kit was,and I asked him about what exhaust duration and port duration and blow down that thier big bore cylinders run and he just said it needs drag pipes. So i was like you mean drag like 194-196 exhaust duration or higher?

He just explained basicaly nothing to me for like 2 miunutes,and i got off the phone with him convinced that he just didnt want to say they dont do shit for porting on them.

When did you ride my banshee? Haha. God damn Nick. Anyways, I paid like $440 for the kit. Then got raped by Racer's Edge in Bethel to have the cylinders resleeved, since I wasn't capable of performing the task.

im not looking for a drag port either. my cylinders now are ported by r&b racing out of mich. im working on building my other bike up now, so thats why im looking into big bore kits, ect. a couple guys say that the vito's big bore is a good all around engine kit. great for the dunes with alot of good usable power. and like i said above, with a little port clean up you can see even better results out of it. so thats what im trying to ask if the big bore kit is a notch up from a good port job with a little work? just trying to get some more opinions before i jump on buying it.