Top end power?

My banshee just started sputtering and no power at all when winding it up. It drives normal and sounds normal when just driving around, but it really sputters and runs like **** when you get into high rpms. This doesn't happen when ideling and revving it though. I replaced the spark plugs, and tried messing with the air screws but i still can't get it. I turn them a 1/4 of a turn each time and nothing. What else could it be?

My banshee just started sputtering and no power at all when winding it up. It drives normal and sounds normal when just driving around, but it really sputters and runs like **** when you get into high rpms. This doesn't happen when ideling and revving it though. I replaced the spark plugs, and tried messing with the air screws but i still can't get it. I turn them a 1/4 of a turn each time and nothing. What else could it be?

You could try pulling your choke out and try it and see if that changes anything,if it makes it better than it is lean,if it makes it worse than it is rich. If fuel is not the issue than it could be your spark plug caps, they have resistors inside of them that fail and then your bike will run like ass when you are in the power band. You screw the old ones off and replace them with NGK ones.

You could try pulling your choke out and try it and see if that changes anything,if it makes it better than it is lean,if it makes it worse than it is rich. If fuel is not the issue than it could be your spark plug caps, they have resistors inside of them that fail and then your bike will run like ass when you are in the power band. You screw the old ones off and replace them with NGK ones.

Ok thanks man i'll try that.

what do you mean unhook the tors...

on the stock carbs there are big funny lookin things connected to the top of them...the tors (throttle over-ride system) it can sometime cause problems resulting in what your symptoms can be. just find the box under the front left near the gas tank and try unpluggin it and see if that helps

• 2 weeks later...

Could possibly be your stator. If you have a buddy with a banshee swap out your stator with his. Guy i know was having the same problem with his drag bike last year, would run fine but when you got on it somewhere around 9-10,000 rpm there was a sputter. Swapped out his stator and threw mine in and it ran mint.

No one has mentioned this but your air screws have nothing to to with the wide open fuel mixture. They only affect idle and maybe just off idle. Also, if it is electrical, it could be your stator, flywheel, coil, it could even be a wire shorting out some where. Normally the TORS will not cause it to sputter, they normally just won't run at all. But, if it is a 1997 or newer, the park brake rev limiter could be causing the problem.