j-arms

dude

i jus got a 1990 banshee its my first banshee, any way, its the first time i have ever seen j arms, i dunno what to think about them but i kinda dig em, any way my right upper ball joint is kinda bad, it feels loose an wiggles a little bit, do i just replace the whole arm?, if so where can i get some extended j arms for a good price?

On all Banshees with stock control arms, if you need to replace a ball joint you have to replace the whole arm. That is why aftermarket arms are so popular, after the initial purchase, if you need ball joints, that is all you need. I would start with Stellar on here or Lonestar or just start researching on the web.

i jus got a 1990 banshee its my first banshee, any way, its the first time i have ever seen j arms, i dunno what to think about them but i kinda dig em, any way my right upper ball joint is kinda bad, it feels loose an wiggles a little bit, do i just replace the whole arm?, if so where can i get some extended j arms for a good price?

Most guys runnin sand drags seem to like the j-arms cause they are lighter in weight. Downside is if you trail ride more often the j-arm winds up being weaker than the a-arm frames and the ball joints seem to be weaker. Also if i remember...the j-arm frames come with a different hub\rotar up front which has a larger brake pad. The a-arms come with smaller pads and are slightly more prone to over-hearting (its rare but it happens). Hope this helps man!

Most guys runnin sand drags seem to like the j-arms cause they are lighter in weight. Downside is if you trail ride more often the j-arm winds up being weaker than the a-arm frames and the ball joints seem to be weaker. Also if i remember...the j-arm frames come with a different hub\rotar up front which has a larger brake pad. The a-arms come with smaller pads and are slightly more prone to over-hearting (its rare but it happens). Hope this helps man!

Yamaha changed the calipers in 1990, 1989 and older bikes have the bigger pads on the old style calipers. 1990 J arm bikes have the smaller calipers and pads, and the spindles are different also, because of the way the newer caliper mounts.

Yamaha changed the calipers in 1990, 1989 and older bikes have the bigger pads on the old style calipers. 1990 J arm bikes have the smaller calipers and pads, and the spindles are different also, because of the way the newer caliper mounts.

thanks for clearnin that up sandrider....i couldn't remember the year that they changed the pad setup over.

just parted out my 87 J arm bike, if your in michigan, you can have the entire setup $100

• 2 years later...