Metal Tech swingarms

i just sold one and i have a +14 over on my cr500 trike from metal tech they build very nice stuff its got all the gussets you would need and its nice. nice welds nice designs. you wont be unhappy with it. i have had the one i'm running now for about 5 years and had no issue's with it at all.

go with a roundhouse.. :D

No, I prefer my tapered bearingbillet stock type carrier with a grease zerk in it.. Plus I might want to put a skid plate on it for trail riding. I don't mind the stock chain adjusters and the setup I have now I can get all the parts to rebuild the carrier at NAPA- it uses 3/4 ton pickup wheel bearings. And I have alot more takeup for the chain with this setup than I would with a roundhouse.

I get the impression stellars swing arm design is more for drag and sand. Idk what type of riding thoes who own them do, but I dislike dual pinch carrier design. Notice on the yfz the carrier housing uses four pinch spots and also provide you with skid plate mounts. I remeber reading a post not to long ago, stellar dosnt offer skid tabs :confused: . Another thing is I dislike round tubing, no particular reason but it seems cheap, most mx and gncc riders use square tubing and in my eyes looks hot and solid.

I know loco is gunna bash me for not supporting a site sponsor but this is my .02 and if anyones has had issues with your carrier slipping please chime in. It wasn't till after I used a impact gun I finnaly got it snug, then I decided to sell it and buy an avanger swing arm from traxxatv that I've been waiting for over a month for and the dudes a jackass.

I get the impression stellars swing arm design is more for drag and sand. Idk what type of riding thoes who own them do, but I dislike dual pinch carrier design. Notice on the yfz the carrier housing uses four pinch spots and also provide you with skid plate mounts. I remeber reading a post not to long ago, stellar dosnt offer skid tabs :confused: . Another thing is I dislike round tubing, no particular reason but it seems cheap, most mx and gncc riders use square tubing and in my eyes looks hot and solid.

I know loco is gunna bash me for not supporting a site sponsor but this is my .02 and if anyones has had issues with your carrier slipping please chime in. It wasn't till after I used a impact gun I finnaly got it snug, then I decided to sell it and buy an avanger swing arm from traxxatv that I've been waiting for over a month for and the dudes a jackass.

:blink: I've never had a issue with dual pinch bolts. I've owned around 6 swingers from 5 different builders.. havn't had a problem with any of them.. Round tubing swingers are usually chromoly.. your box tubes are usually DOM steel.. a lower grade (cheap).

If your carrier was slipping.. it was probably from a manufacturing problem.

Just wait till friday then ask WACKO to post some pictures of that swinger he will be receiving. What about trying to put orings around the carrier in the grooves to get it to stop slipping?

im confused what are talking about when you say roundhouse?? are there any benifits to having a roundhouse over stock?

the chain adjustment is lightyears better and they clean up the ass end.

i had a crush tube metaltech roundhouse on one of my banshees and had no problems out of it whatsoever.....

no matter how you look at it, the chain adjustment on a stock banshee carrier sucks compared to the honda, roundhouse style carrier.