Mix Ratio and Oil

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know this has been talked about a lot on here, but I wanted your guys' opinion on what to use and ratio. I run amsoil "Interceptor" in my two stroke jetski and it works great. I have ran a tank of it through my banshee and it seems to like it too. What are your thoughts on it and what ratio should I be mixing it at. Seems a lot of people run 40:1 around here. I have procircuits advanced timing, and k&n pods.

Here is the link to the stuff I have been using:

http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/ait.aspx

I use the amsoil dominator @ 32:1 and it has done great in my wifes blaster and now her banshee!! I pay 13$ a quart for that stuff though.

The oil companies formulate their synthetic oils to work at a certain mix ratio. Mix the oil at that recommended ratio and adj your jets accordingly. If you read through Amsoil's website, they tell you that... they formulate their oils to work at a certain mix ratio and to mix the oil at that recommended ratio and adj your jets accordingly. Also, I think its Klotz that lists the recommended mix ratios on their website.

• 1 month later...

40:1 with Klotz Super Techniplate. 16oz to every 5gal

42:1 with Klotz Super Techniplate. 15oz to every 5gal

I will run either of the the ratios. Klotz Super Techniplate is the shit and smells amazing. I have read rumors about Klotz two stroke oil freezing piston rings. Any one had any bad experience with this two stroke oil?

40:1 castor 927 im suprised no ones mentioned it. Castor oils offer way more protection but dont burn as clean as a synthetic and on power valved motors can gum the power valves in some cases. Ive been told its supposed to help prevent fouling but couldn't tell you forsure. Not to mention it smells AWSOME.