Mix Ratio and Oil

well thats damn good, considering there automotive and diesel oil is outrageous, i just figured the 2 stroke oil would be the same way.

No its not bad, good product too. It could be like $11.95 I can remember. But still for how much I ride, thats not bad. Will I be okay going to 44:1?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys I'm new to the banshee and 2 strokes all together. This I'm sure sounds stupid but how does the ratio numbers work? I was thinking about mixing my gas 42:1 with synthetic golden spectro. The back of the bottle says to mix 12oz into 4 gallions of gasoline.

I'm just a little confused on how to mix and how much I should mix any info will be very helpful.

LOCO, can we please get a FAQ section??????????

PLEASE???????

My Harley website has a self help section, it is very handy. One of the mods there really devotes allot of time and does a nice job. Anyone can add info, there are video fixes', picture by picture repairs and just comments and suggestions. It does help with the repetitive questions such as oil and ratios.

Guys I'm new to the banshee and 2 strokes all together. This I'm sure sounds stupid but how does the ratio numbers work? I was thinking about mixing my gas 42:1 with synthetic golden spectro. The back of the bottle says to mix 12oz into 4 gallions of gasoline.

I'm just a little confused on how to mix and how much I should mix any info will be very helpful.

I run amsoil Interceptor at a50 to 1 mix with very good results, 50 oz fuel to 1oz oil is what the ratio is

40:1 amsoil interceptor, could go 50:1 with no problems. Amsoil Expensive???? I pay 9 bucks a quart i was paying 12 bucks a pint for Klotz Benol before i switched. Also i run amsoil 10w40 in the tranny changed the oil in that twice last year at about 16 bucks a pop and everytime i took the oil out it looked fine.

I sent you a PM, question about AMSOIL.

I sent you a PM, question about AMSOIL.

500ml oil (half quart) in 20l of gas will do the trick...

i got recommended by a banshee owner that has been using banshee for 25 yrs...

he recommended amsoil interceptor ... 40:1 ... which is 500 ml of oil in 20l of gast...half a quart...

500ml oil (half quart) in 20l of gas will do the trick...

i got recommended by a banshee owner that has been using banshee for 25 yrs...

he recommended amsoil interceptor ... 40:1 ... which is 500 ml of oil in 20l of gast...half a quart...

Did you mean he has been using AMSOIL for 25 years or riding a Banshee for 25 years?

• 2 weeks later...

been running belray mc1 at 50-1 in all my 2 strokes and never a problem. Think all the oils they make now a days are good, just follow what they say on the back of the bottle and you shoulkd be fine

many people say that 50:1 in a banshee is too little

many people say that 50:1 in a banshee is what you should do if it says so on the bottle

many people say that 40:1 in a banshee is the way to go

a lot more say that they run theirs at 32:1

yet many others say that 32:1 was good in the old days,when there were no 100% synthetics (like the amsoil interceptor)

so basically, this question will go on and on, and on...

i live on an island, where you can barely find 100% synthetic 2 stroke oil, so i have to use Yamalube, which is Semi-Synthetic...thus i run my banshee at 32:1

maybe if i get a 100% synthetic ill do 40:1.

However,my boat has a 25hp yamaha 2 stroke engine, i run the premix at 50:1

Edited by t0r

Get a ratio rite measuring cup. This will make things easier.

• 3 weeks later...