wanting bigger carbs

hi guys, i've got a built banshee that i think "runs fine" with the stock carbs but i'm wanting to possibly get a set of 35 pwk carbs or something like that.

i'm running a 310 main and a 30 pilot at 1000' and around 70 degrees. also run 110 octane and for some reason i cant remember my compression psi.

i'm interested in knowing the jet size difference between the stock size and one that would go in a 35 pwk. thanks

oh, well, 35's will work fine, but personally, i am using lectron 30's for my woods 4mill, and you would probably do good with some 33's, imo, but the 35's will get you a tad more topend. best thing i can tell you is to search for the thread that has everyon's jet size and what setup, and go from there. 26-35 is kind of a big jump to try and cross reference sizes.

One thing to keep in mind is, a bigger carb will flow more fuel through the same sized jet, than a smaller carb will, so you're going to have to jet down several sizes. I went from a pair of 28mm Mikuni's, to a pair of 34mm Mikuni's, and I had to drop the main down 6-7 sizes, and the pilot 2-3. I can't remember exactly, because it's been 4-5 years ago. With you switching carb brands, that going to throw a wrench in the works for me, as I've never ran Keihins.

i cannot agree with that at all.....in fact, i believe the exact opposite. larger venturi on the same motor = less draw on the jet= leaner, meaning you need larger jets. i went from the stock 26 rounds, to 30mm rounds and jet size went from 340 up to 380-390 on the 30's. now, different style venturi/slide/needle jet configurations can pull fuel differently, calling for a change either direction, but as a rule of thumb- bigger needs bigger

i cannot agree with that at all.....in fact, i believe the exact opposite. larger venturi on the same motor = less draw on the jet= leaner, meaning you need larger jets. i went from the stock 26 rounds, to 30mm rounds and jet size went from 340 up to 380-390 on the 30's. now, different style venturi/slide/needle jet configurations can pull fuel differently, calling for a change either direction, but as a rule of thumb- bigger needs bigger

Your right on the most part. Smaller carbs have faster air flow, so they pull more fuel out of the jets. HOWEVER, I've dynoed 28mm,33mm,34mm, and 35mm keihin carbs on my 4 mil shee...All 4 sizes liked the same main jet size. Ironic but true. The larger the carb, the more power increase. I actually gained more bottom end, then top end w/ the 35's...So when people say larger carbs only give you topend. Its not true. A properly jetted carb will gain all around if sized right. Good luck. 162 mains, DEJ needles on the 3rd clip, 48 pilot.

Your right on the most part. Smaller carbs have faster air flow, so they pull more fuel out of the jets. HOWEVER, I've dynoed 28mm,33mm,34mm, and 35mm keihin carbs on my 4 mil shee...All 4 sizes liked the same main jet size. Ironic but true. The larger the carb, the more power increase. I actually gained more bottom end, then top end w/ the 35's...So when people say larger carbs only give you topend. Its not true. A properly jetted carb will gain all around if sized right. Good luck. 162 mains, DEJ needles on the 3rd clip, 48 pilot.

whoa dude, where the hell have you been? whats been going on? good to see you back.

i agree, ive run 33, 35 and 39mm pwk and they all had almost identical jetting.

whoa dude, where the hell have you been? whats been going on? good to see you back.

i agree, ive run 33, 35 and 39mm pwk and they all had almost identical jetting.

Loco,

Why is it, you ALWAYS have the hottest pics under your name??!! I'm shopping for a graphics kits for my newer yfz and want something custom...HOOK ME UP!!! I want something masciline, but seductive. Any ideas?