12mill vs 4mill dm who will win ?

negro_banshee

If Money wasn't an issue, I'd take the 4mm DM.

There is more case work for a DM due to the bigger bore.

That's assuming you're going to mod stock cases.

If you got tired of the 4 mil DM....you could upgrade to a 10 mil much easier with crank trenching....(of course cylinder and crank replacement as well)

The majority of the work would be done to accommodate the bore already.

This is the second time I've see you mention 12mm cub. It's just an oddball setup...and keep in mind it'll be harder to find parts for it should something go south.

yeah what kind of power are people seeing with the 4mill dm's. Yeah a 12mill is kinda oddball for a cub. also whats the power difference ie. torque and hp difference between a 10 mill cub and 4 mill dm. getting ready to build one of the two. sorry about the hijacking :)

i have a 10mm cub and a buddy that has a 4mm dm. they are pretty evenly matched setups. its really going to come down to rider and setup. i dont think you can go wrong with either.

evenly matched? I have yet to see a 10 cub run with my 4dm.....just saying...

evenly matched? I have yet to see a 10 cub run with my 4dm.....just saying...

yes, evenly matched. the two motors are very close HP wise. its going to come down to setup and rider.

a 10mil cub should be within 5hp of a 4m DM cub.. 10mil cubs are 120ish +/- and 4mil dm's are usually 125ish +/- So they are pretty evenly match.. it will come down to setup and rider.

agreed.

I would also add...and not trying to sound like a smart ass...where and who have you raced?

Most of us have taken down bigger bikes and been beat by smaller bikes at one time or another...

It's rider and setup/tune when they're that close.

agreed again. ive been beat by a lot smaller motors are the dunes. ive also beat a lot of bigger motors there and at the hillclimbs there are several motors that are bigger than mine but i consistently beat.

By DM, you guys mean the 78 bore right? Where would one get their hands on a cyl like that?

any of the site sponsors can get the cylinder for you. i know that kevin at herr jugs is building a 10mm DM right now.

I would also add...and not trying to sound like a smart ass...where and who have you raced?

Most of us have taken down bigger bikes and been beat by smaller bikes at one time or another...

It's rider and setup/tune when they're that close.

I have run local drag streets in the Northwest...have ran my fair share of 10-14 cubs. Fastest I have seen was Jamie's 14 mil A&S and he is a midget as a jockey.. :jesterlaugh:

My single has taken down quite a few cubs :cheers:

Edited by Saleenster