Packing vs. No-Packing

Is there a difference in performance? Packing vs No-Packing  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I currently run a medium/high modified 99Banshee. FMF fattys/w /Pc2 silencers with No-Packing. What effect do you think it has in performance vs packing??? Sound does not matter!

1) More power

2) Less power

3) No difference

and what do you thinkI should change if I add packing?

1) jetting

2) needle position

2) air screw

3) nothing

99Red_Roostr -

Dula foam pod filters/velocity tubes/34mmpj Keihins/ProDesign manifold/Vitos SS pistons/Cool head 18cc 185psi/FMF fatty pipes w PC2 silencers. 110 Gas 32:1 Klotz. Runs nice!!

I THINK you'll see slightly less power without the packing, but it'll SOUND faster. Just guessing tho, the backpressure is the only difference like Fastest_Ghetto420 said...I'd also venture to guess you'd need to adjust the airscrews a 'lil, and maaaaybe change the mains one size (kinda doubt it).

well i figure that drag banshee are just strait pipes and they have no packing, so i put 1 and 1 together. but remember i had TCII's which are spark arrestors, the screen would provide enough back pressure. but Ben was right about sounding faster, thats probably all i got out of it. I bearly noticed a diff in response but not so much in power. i have trinity stage IV's now but i havnt tried them without packing.

well i figure that drag banshee are just strait pipes and they have no packing

The engines that run open stingers that you speak of have been designed to run that way. For the average motor running open pipes will do nothing except hurt performance for you. There is a fine line to walk there. I would put packing in there.

I pulled my packing out for a week because it was all caked up and half gone. It sounded like shit. I repacked it and did notice better throttle response. It was very noticeable on my shee. I wouldn't run w/o it.