10 Mil Stock Cyl

05Special

unfortunately fell prey to a bigass lip on a bigass hill and the shee went tumbling...too many beers... but anyway I'm looking to put together another bike but want to keep somewhat of a stock look...I like black.. Anyone on here run a 10 Mil stock cylinder? What kind of numbers? What setup do you run? Any info on the motors would be great, pros, cons, ect....

10Mil stock cylinder setups are not ideal because of major port timing issues. I highly recommend a new cylinder setup if you want to go to 10mil. You will have to raise the barrels and the ports will already be wrong before lifting them. 10mil stockers were the craze 10 years ago before aftermarket cylinders took over. I would not recommend any more than 7mil on a stock cylinder.

Mull Engineering

There are two ways to do up a ten mill stock cylinder. Most common is to use spacer plates and as blowit said they throw the port timing way off from ideal. The preferred method is to resleeve with taller sleeves and clearance the head/domes. You'll be cheaper in the long run to build a 10mil cub than a stock cylinder in that stroke. I recommend just doing a 7mil stroker stock cylinder vs the 10, they can be fit in the stock sleeves without a plate (use thicker fiber base gaskets) and will have decent transfer port timings for aggressive dune or drag type setups. The 7mil won't have a huge peak power difference from the 10 but will show a little less power below the curve. Power output will all depend on port type and supporting modifications.

-Brandon